Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr CM9 first shots

My wife's P380 and my CW380 have both been flawless. They ran Gold Dots fine, I only switched to ball ammo due to weak penetration scores with the HPs. Sorry to hear yours wouldn't work.

Just to add to the sample size re: the .380s, back when I managed a range, we had a married couple come in every other day (M-W-F) to split a box of .380 and shoot their P380s. They were retired and had a membership, so their lanes were free. Five slow, five SHO, five WHO, then five freestyle pairs. All at 7 yards, always in those “dirty bird” silhouette targets. Once a month, they’d shoot their carry ammo.

Zero issues, but they needed to change recoil springs every couple months. Somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds, the guns would stop feeding right (I think the springs were probably losing their tempered rating and the slide velocity was outrunning the mags).
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    My wife's P380 and my CW380 have both been flawless. They ran Gold Dots fine, I only switched to ball ammo due to weak penetration scores with the HPs. Sorry to hear yours wouldn't work.
    Yep.. the only thing that ran in it were Hornady XTP. I traded it in towards an LCP that has been reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    P380.. the only piece of crap I’ve ever shot that choked on Speer Gold dot and a host of other ammo types. I’d feel safer with a pocket knife.
    Here's some more info on the Kahr P380, which after some parts and polishing, is now my mousegun of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The double recoil springs are the main point of this post. The springs in my gun were apparently quite worn, despite a low round count. The outer spring was 1.5 coils short and the inner spring was 4 (!) coils short. Installing the new springs was challenging. I solved it by using the edge of a bench to push the rod and compress the springs while aligning the rod tip to fit in through the slide hole. These new springs are much heavier--especially in the first 1/4" of slide movement. No wonder I had some FTRB before I lubed and polished the slide stop and lower lug.
    My plan is to order some extra recoil springs (2x more of the inner springs) and replace them often.

More parts:
    Tool steel striker
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/

Striker guide
    https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/c...d-p380-pistols

Tractiongrips
    https://gallowayprecision.com/tracti...d-p380-pistols

I've vetted my 2 p380s, and really like them. For me, this little gun shoots like a much larger gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Vending Machine Operator
    I got my brother a PM9 as an off-duty carry gift in July 2014 when he was fairly new as a police officer. I expected it to get changed out for something else over the years, but it has apparently never missed a beat and is still his EDC. Seems they're good if you get a good one, as is too often the case with more esoteric brands.

Based on what I've seen reported of the brand over the last decade I'd be comfortable with a P or K series Kahr, probably not a C series.

T series, I have no idea where it fits in that.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I have two PM-9s that have been problem free other than a few failures to feed in the first few rounds during break in. I don't have an exact round count on them, but I have well over 1000 rounds on each gun. I know that the CM-9 is the economy version of the PM-9. I wonder what corners they cut on the CM-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I have two PM-9s that have been problem free other than a few failures to feed in the first few rounds during break in. I don't have an exact round count on them, but I have well over 1000 rounds on each gun. I know that the CM-9 is the economy version of the PM-9. I wonder what corners they cut on the CM-9.
    Squared off slides with less contouring, pinned vs dovetailed front sight(my problem), only one mag, no night sight, bare stainless slide...I think that's it.

Additionally, if I remember correctly, the barrel in the C series is of a lesser grade including not having polygonal rifling like the K or P series which have barrels made by Lothar Walther.
    And the slide stop is MIM vs machine cut.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 02-02-2023 at 01:40 AM.

My P9 has been flawless over past 7 ish years with all sorts of ammo. My wife’s CM9 had crazy bad trigger pin walking and heavy corrosion in trigger - trigger bar causing it to seize. She barely even carried it over her G43 and G48. The CM9 has been stored indoors in normal conditions. Nothing harsh. It’s been back to Kahr twice. Both times they tried to send me an invoice (laughing). They seem stingy. The CM9 should have been replaced by them. They are on the list of firearms manufacturers I no longer support along with Sig and FN. I feel much better knowing my wife has a G48 on her than anything Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Additionally, if I remember correctly, the barrel in the C series is of a lesser grade including not having polygonal rifling like the K or P series which have barrels made by Lothar Walther.
    And the slide stop is MIM vs machine cut.
    This was my understanding as well. And no dovetailed front sight.

User Tag List