Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Kahr CM9 first shots

New Kahr CM9 first shots

Sigh.
    The front sight was launched into near Earth orbit in the first magazine. I hope it didn't hit the ISS.
    I emailed Kahr requesting that they send me a new sight.
    I put 50 more through the gun just for vetting, 100% function, controllable and no hand pain.
    Point shooting fast pairs I kept all rounds on(all over) a B-8.

One of my sons bought a CM9 and within a couple hundred rounds, rear sight was loose in dovetail. I have never had these problems with the "P" series guns as opposed to the "C" guns and I wonder what shortcuts may be taking place with those.

I've had a CM9 for 10 years or so and I have to say I haven't had a single problem with it. Knock on wood, no feeding issues or anything else. I've carried it about every way you can carry one including pocket and ankle.

I've owned 6 or so Kahr 9mms over the years, and currently a PM9 & P380. Never had an issue with any of them that wasn't user error or ammo related with one exception : the top round popping from mid 2000 manufacture magazines when in a pouch.

I'm not personally aware of anyone with reliability issues in any P series guns, but know of many issues and factory returns with C & E model Kahrs. To me it's worth the extra cash for a P series, and it's a shame the "Value" series apparently isn't.

They offered to send a sight but advised that it would invalidate the warranty and recommended that I send it in on their dime, which I did. Apparently the thing is soldered in.
    I dithered until Friday, so it should go out today. They advertise a 4-6 weeks turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    I've owned 6 or so Kahr 9mms over the years, and currently a PM9 & P380. Never had an issue with any of them that wasn't user error or ammo related with one exception : the top round popping from mid 2000 manufacture magazines when in a pouch.

I'm not personally aware of anyone with reliability issues in any P series guns, but know of many issues and factory returns with C & E model Kahrs. To me it's worth the extra cash for a P series, and it's a shame the "Value" series apparently isn't.
    I bought a P9 about 2-3 years ago. It had significant reliability issues, which were not resolved by the recommended "break in period." It also had some cosmetic blemishes that were off-putting given the price of the gun relative to other guns in its segment. I sent it back to Kahr and they fixed it, but doing so took some aggravating back and forth, as they first tried to tell me my gun did not have a warranty.

Since getting it back from Kahr the P9 has been totally reliable and, along with an LCR, it is my gun I carry when I can't or don't want to carry a P07 or similar compact service pistol. In practice I might carry it one day every other month, so it doesn't get much love. When I first got it I carried it a lot as at that time I had to dress business casual. The P9 is basically the biggest gun that will conceal comfortably in normal pants pockets and was a really good fit for that semi-NPE role.

Got it back today, lubed it and shot 50 more blazer brass through it without issue.
    Shot doubles at 5 yards on a B-8 working down to .22 splits. All 8 ring or better.
    The rear white dot was so distracting that I took a sharpie to it. Put some orange paint on the front sight when I got home.
    Kahr was nice enough to send me an extra magazine...for a P380.
    So I have that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Got it back today, lubed it and shot 50 more blazer brass through it without issue.
    Shot doubles at 5 yards on a B-8 working down to .22 splits. All 8 ring or better.
    The rear white dot was so distracting that I took a sharpie to it. Put some orange paint on the front sight when I got home.
    Now you need a P380.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Now you need a P380.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Now you need a P380.
    P380.. the only piece of crap I’ve ever shot that choked on Speer Gold dot and a host of other ammo types. I’d feel safer with a pocket knife.

User Tag List