Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: No more guns in 2022!

In 2022, I planned for and bought a G19.5 and a 590S Shockwave. I also wound up with a 5.5" 9mm Banshee that I had no intention of buying, but it was thrust upon me in a way that would have been poor form and fiscally irresponsible to refuse.

In 2023 I am not buying an SA-35 nor a 9mm LW Commander-ish something or other. @GJM is dubious that a G30.5 will be introduced, so hopefully, I won't be buying one of those as well.

2023 is the year to trim my herd of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    2023 is the year to trim my herd of firearms.
    That would have been 2020. Prices are a lot more normalized, now.

Not about price. More about my age and what my widow will do with all my guns when I pass

Site Supporter
    I only bought three guns in 2022 -- all polymer 9mms. However, I did build out a stripped AR lower from 2020. Just finished this last week. I shot so little in 2022 that, sadly, even I have trouble justifying new guns in 2023. I still want to buy a Tikka T3x in .223 Win, but there's not much else on my list right now that would let me do anything that I can't already do. I'd like a Glock 26.5, but that's a real diminishing return over my perfectly good Glock 26.3. More importantly, I need to set aside money for a couple of scopes and a RDS or two.

There's an evolving list of guns I want at any given time. I have 3 that I am lazily trying to move.

Highest priority to buy:

Springfield Loaded 1911 or similar. I've already got a Surefire 610 with a 310 LED drop in to put on it.

Stuff I kind of want and can see myself buying:

SIG M18
    SIG P365 (either 9 or 380)
    M1 Carbine
    M1 Garand
    Flintlock Jäger rifle

The biggest change in tools and toys for me this year will likely be cars, though. My girlfriend and I have decided to live together, and she's 100% telework...so it doesn't really make sense for us to have two cars, and she's already got a Toyota Venza hybrid SUV that is the epitome of logic and rational decision making. I've had fun with the Porsche Cayman, but it's a lot of potential money to be sitting on if unused and depreciating. Still undecided.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Well the past few years have been thinning years. I’ve gotten rid of just about everything that I don’t use or have some strong emotional attachment to. The only plans I have for 23 are to maybe buy a 1911 commander in 9mm think SA Ronin and an entry level AR. The 1911 will be mainly to just enjoy. The AR will simply be because my son thinks they are cool. I could personally justify saying it will be to handle wild hogs in our yard but the truth is my son’s admiration and the joy we will have taking it to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Well the past few years have been thinning years. I’ve gotten rid of just about everything that I don’t use or have some strong emotional attachment to. The only plans I have for 23 are to maybe buy a 1911 commander in 9mm think SA Ronin and an entry level AR. The 1911 will be mainly to just enjoy. The AR will simply be because my son thinks they are cool. I could personally justify saying it will be to handle wild hogs in our yard but the truth is my son’s admiration and the joy we will have taking it to the range.
    6920 can be found for around 900 and he can use it for a life time.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Go ahead and figure in the trigger upgrade from...someone? (Sierra Papa? MCarbo? I'm drawing a blank right now on who offers it) I like my CX4 but the trigger suuucks! I'm nowhere near a trigger snob but I find the pull to be very mushy and vague.
    I did put the CX4 on layaway yesterday. I've wanted one since the 2004 Battlestar Galactica remake and I figure an 18-year itch is not a lark. I already have a zillion 92FS magazines including 30-rounders.

I've committed to a max of two guns in 2023 though, so I'll have to save my other one for late in the year or for some particularly screaming deal.

Figure I'll get the side rail piece as well to attach a TLR-1HL. Already have a Holosun 510C-GR I'd like to try on it that I think will work well.

I've heard the trigger is pretty rough, so I'll plan on that too. Although, in my experience with the Beretta PX4 trigger, just ton of rounds downrange did a good job, and given that I'm giving the CX4 a thought as a home defense carbine (using 147-grain Federal HST), I don't necessarily mind a heavier/longer trigger as long as the gun is reliable.

At any rate, I'll enjoy finally having one. Colonial Marines!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Not about price. More about my age and what my widow will do with all my guns when I pass
    I do estate work and I salute your planning. I worked an estate of a man who had a large collection of a particular type of antique. I will be vague to preserve confidentiality but he was a collector of a variety of fairly rare and quixotic electronic equipment.

The personal representatives ended up selling the collection to another collector across the country, as a lot for like 15K. As a collector myself (mostly guns but also knives, watches, and certain books) it pained me a bit because even knowing nothing about his particular hobby I'd be willing to bet he had a lot more money into the collection and that someone who knew what they were doing would have valued it more.

Plus the last 2-3 times I've tried to sell guns I've actually had pretty terrible luck. It takes more work and time than I'd have anticipated not to take a loss. I've tried to sell my M&P9 2.0 5" Pro Series and Sig M17B and ended up hanging on to both because I wasn't willing to take a loss.

Best of luck thinning down as needed.

Edit: Sorry for the double-post, somehow didn't realize it was the same thread.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List