Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No more guns in 2022!

Site Supporter
    I've finally gotten a handle on my gun GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). I haven't purchased a gun since early 2020 (before the pandemic really hit) and have even sold off a few. My plan is to put "new gun money" into training instead of more toys. I was doing that for the couple years prior to Covid, and had two classes scheduled and paid for in 2020, but we all know what happened then. I still managed an Ayoob class in 2021 and a revolver class this year. I need to find something good for next year...

Now to do the same thing with my camera collection...

Chris

I don’t plan to buy anymore guns this year. Of course it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I may find myself at the local fun shop

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I don’t plan to buy anymore guns this year. Of course it’s supposed to rain tomorrow so I may find myself at the local fun shop
    They might have some kind of end of the year sale. You won’t know if you don’t go.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’m sitting on a couple stripped lowers, so technically I won’t need to buy any *entire* guns next year.

Here I was reading the title of this thread thinking it was something going on in politics, lol. I've managed to stop the habit but 2022 was a rough one for me, happy to have sobered up...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Here I was reading the title of this thread thinking it was something going on in politics, lol. I've managed to stop the habit but 2022 was a rough one for me, happy to have sobered up...
    That is funny stuff!

Are they putting restrictions on buying guns this year?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I’ve loved the Langdon P30SK LEM (with Wright Armory optic cut) so much that a few weeks ago I ordered the Langdon P30L LEM with Langdon’s optic cut. For what legitimate practical purpose, one might ask? Can’t really say, other than I just wanted it, which is why my wife knows nothing of this and never will.

I’ve worked on convincing myself that, paired with @Lost River’s +P 148gr "Predator Penetrator" ammo, it would make for the perfect hiking gun around these parts, with the advantage of having the same manual of arms as my usual carry gun, thus increasing exponentially the odds of getting good, fast hits on a charging black bear. Total horseshit, of course, but

Name:  565793AC-007A-440D-816A-9CAE5CC8FA92.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  18.4 KB

After ordering the P30L I vowed that the only gun transactions in 2023 would be selling. I went to my LGS today to pick up the P30L. At the range a few weeks ago I got to chatting with a guy who was zeroing the optic on his Mark IV 22/45. He encouraged me to shoot his for a bit, and further encouraged me to get one of my own and join the gang for the Friday evening bullseye matches at the club. As if the Fates had ordained it, there on display at the LGS was a Mark IV Lite 22/45 for a fair price. A quick glance at my watch confirmed that it was still 2022, so no vows were violated.

BUT THAT’S IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Are they putting restrictions on buying guns this year?
    Might be in our state.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    My list of what I'm NOT going to buy in 2023:

DW Guardian
    Colt Python
    Ruger Security Six
    G43X
    Beretta 1301
    DW DMX Compact (if and when its released)

I hear you brother. The struggle is real.......
    One day at a time. Be strong. Unfortunately, I don't think you can count on PF as a support group.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Excellent phrasing.

No more, indicates the overall number has not increased, and speaks nothing of value.

No new guns, means just that. Used is not new, traded is not new.

What exactly is new, anyway? What year was the gun introduced? For instance, my new to me P2000sk was purchased "used", in "new" condition, but I've already owned several, so can it really be new to me? Yes the date code is "CC" which translates to 2022, but was introduced in 2001. Heck my gun is old enough to drink, so definitely not new.

And that's what I like to call mental gymnastics. You're welcome.
    This is one of the most well-reasoned rationalizations I have read. We all wish we could speak like that when our spouses confront us about the new (insert make and model here) found in the gun safe.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List