Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K footprint and S&W Shield Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    The Holosun EPS Carry comes with an adapter plate for Shield RMSc to Holosun K.
    Thank you for the information, but I am only interested in direct mounting; no adapter plates.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Thank you for the information, but I am only interested in direct mounting; no adapter plates.
    Then you’ll have to mill down the rear posts and shorten the front on a 9mm Shield Plus OR to direct mount a Holosun K sight. These guys do it for $60. https://www.namelessarms.com/product...-507k-407k-eps

Then you’ll have to mill down the rear posts and shorten the front on a 9mm Shield Plus OR to direct mount a Holosun K sight. These guys do it for $60.
    Please see post #6.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

To clarify, direct mount to me means that I can take the pistol out of the factory box; take the optic out of its factory box, and then screw the optic onto the pistol without any milling, adapter plates, or any modification to either the optic or the pistol.

I'm not interested in any other options. I am not asking about other options.

According to the S&W website the optics ready Shield Plus has a SMS footprint. It doesn't appear that matches your criteria with a Holosun 507K.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

To clarify, direct mount to me means that I can take the pistol out of the factory box; take the optic out of its factory box, and then screw the optic onto the pistol without any milling, adapter plates, or any modification to either the optic or the pistol.

Then the answer is, “no.”

As has been said about a half dozen times, the answer to your question is NO. A number of us are interested in options to mount a K series Holosun, so these other responses are helpful for that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I cannot speak to the Shield Plus; however, the 4" Shield slide required machining on the recoil bosses for a 507K to be mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As has been said about a half dozen times, the answer to your question is NO. A number of us are interested in options to mount a K series Holosun, so these other responses are helpful for that.
    ...and yet people keep responding in the thread, somtimes with the same information that has already been posted. I've even gotten a PM with a suggestion for direct milling, which would eliminate the pistol for the intended use.

This was not a thread about how to alter the pistol or how to use an adapter plate. If you would like such a thread, please start one. Please close this thread.
    Last edited by jlw; 12-30-2022 at 05:36 PM.

User Tag List