Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solid belt mount for Safariland ALS

I also have several of the 565BL loops and they are rock solid, but be aware that it is a true high ride and puts the pistol grip well above the belt line. On a normal open top holster this would be no big deal, but ALS holsters cover the gun all the way to the top of the rear sight, increasing the distance you have to pull upward to clear it by quite a bit. This means you may have to lean at the waist to get clearance, which is not the most efficient draw. That may be acceptable compromise if concealment and closeness to the body is the main concern. Using the 6072UBL duty high ride with their concealment holster is a bit of a hack, as they intended it to be used on the lower mounting points to make duty holsters ride really high. It's a coincidence that using the concealment mounting on that loop puts the ALS holsters opening even with the belt line. RDR Gear's little adapter makes it fit great on 1.5 or 1.75" belts.

Blade tech makes a UBL duty drop that clears armor well, and has belt loop adjustments. However, I have the same issue with it that I have with the MHA. Any belt loop that has slots to allow for can’t adjustment has shifted on me. Even with the screws cranked down, I’ve eventually had my holster push off the inside of my vehicle either the seat or center console, and the holster shifts.

With this high-ride adapter option, has anyone had their holster angle shift?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Blade tech makes a UBL duty drop that clears armor well, and has belt loop adjustments. However, I have the same issue with it that I have with the MHA. Any belt loop that has slots to allow for can’t adjustment has shifted on me. Even with the screws cranked down, I’ve eventually had my holster push off the inside of my vehicle either the seat or center console, and the holster shifts.

With this high-ride adapter option, has anyone had their holster angle shift?

Thanks!
    I'm using the 6072UBL version of the high ride duty loop that has cant adjustment and I've never had it shift, but I'm not in and out of vehicles with it all that much anymore with it. You can't view the cantable version on Safariland's website anymore which makes me think it may be discontinued, but the standard 6072UBL without cant adjustment is still there. The way Safariland makes their cant adjustable mounts makes me believe that they wouldn't shift as there is some bite of the screw into the plastic and they mold channels in.
    I may order the standard version as I'm switching to the Blade-Tech Tek-Mount for QD as soon as I can. That is a better mousetrap for cant adjustment.
    From watching a lot of people run Safariland holsters, I think most problems stem from mounting the concealment hole pattern on the 6070 Mid-Ride UBL instead of the duty hole pattern lower on the holster. This drops the holster lower than they intended, and coupled with a belt that is narrower than the slots it induces the flopping that everyone is buying leg straps to fix. When I was a LEO I experimented with the 6075 Low-Ride UBL and that damn thing would flop on the draw more times than not and sucked in the vehicle.

I pretty much like all BFG products. I have a few of these and prefer them to the Safariland UBL options and the True North hangers.

They are made to work with their belts but can be adapted to other set ups.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/holster-adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    I pretty much like all BFG products. I have a few of these and prefer them to the Safariland UBL options and the True North hangers.

They are made to work with their belts but can be adapted to other set ups.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/holster-adapter
    Any pictures of the adaptations? Interested in one of these for the AXL belt.

User Tag List