Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did I accidentally buy a DAK?!!

Did I accidentally buy a DAK?!!

Picked this up off Gunbroker for $600 because I’m on a 357 Sig kick.

Name:  ABCADC49-ED13-4D40-B3D9-8EE1F3C22682.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  36.3 KB

Dry fired it and the trigger was lighter than my P229 DASA…

Smmmoooooooooooth though.

Name:  CD69E8AB-9CD6-47E7-B654-0E46F968CD89.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  28.8 KB

Hammer looks funny… and no decocker…

Racking the slide puts it on half notch…

Is this a DAK?

Because I kind of love it… is this what the famous LEM is like?

Site Supporter
    Looks like a DAK.

If you pull the trigger after racking the slide and it’s light and then pull the trigger again without racking the slide and it’s heavy, then it’s a DAK. I believe that you can convert if you prefer DA/SA.

Looks like a DAK hammer to me. You can tell by a simple test:

A true DAO will not have two reset points - you'll just have to release it all the way forward to reset.

A DAK has an intermediate reset point - about halfway out - with a resultant heavier trigger pull.

If there's no decocker, it's likely a DAK. SIG used the same left grip plate for decocker and DAK guns; if that bugs you (having the decocker slot) Hogue and probably others make a replacement grip eliminating the decocker slot.

You can call SIG Tech Support and they can tell by the serial what you have.
    DAK is somewhat similar to, but different from LEM; use the p-f search function and you'll find some of the discussion threads. I seem to recall Todd Green discussed them in some detail.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Picked this up off Gunbroker for $600 because I’m on a 357 Sig kick.

Name:  ABCADC49-ED13-4D40-B3D9-8EE1F3C22682.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  36.3 KB

Dry fired it and the trigger was lighter than my P229 DASA…

Smmmoooooooooooth though.

Name:  CD69E8AB-9CD6-47E7-B654-0E46F968CD89.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  28.8 KB

Hammer looks funny… and no decocker…

Racking the slide puts it on half notch…

Is this a DAK?

Because I kind of love it… is this what the famous LEM is like?
    Yes you did, which means you probably over paid for the gun.

As the late P-F member LSP972 said so well “DAK sucks all the joy out of shooting a SIG.”

Having had both the LEM and the DAK issued, they are similar in concept, but in execution and user experience they are different.

The user experience with the DAK is simply shorter, lighter DAO trigger pull.

The user experience with the LEM is … different. You have a long take up with a wall that kind of reminds me of the 8 pound version of Glocks New York trigger. The LEM is P-F’s secret fetish but for non-dedicated users. It encourages bad habits, like anticipation, and attempting to “ride the reset point.”

My experience was you could shoot the DAK and other trigger styles interchangeably with minimal issues, whereas to be any good with the LEM you have to shoot nothing but LEM or DA Revolvers.

SIG can you convert your DAK gun to DA/SA or sell you the parts to do so. The Sig Armorer or Gray Guns could also do it and give you a better trigger in the process.

Name:  0010E286-EA5A-43F7-8B7D-E014BBF6D3B4.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  38.0 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 12-29-2022 at 02:02 PM.

I noticed the DAO verbiage when you posted the listing in the other thread and wondered if you were getting a DAK or a DAO. If you’re ever looking to swap the DAK parts out for DA/SA ones, there used to be a pretty good market for them over on Sig Forum with folks willing to trade or purchase outright.

I’ve converted a few P series pistols the other way and had no trouble selling off the DAK parts. I’ve actually been jonesing to mess with a DAK again recently for some reason. 🤷🏾

Slap that .357 upper on a DA/SA lower from another Sig and you can lick and choose which you want. I think I prefer DAK to most stock LEM triggers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yup, looks like DAK; DAO Sigs have a hammer spur iirc while DAK does not.

Top Gun Supply used to have a FAQ as to which parts are needed to convert a DAK to DA/SA...a few years ago I picked up a 229-G (-G Suffix Sigs were gov't contract; mine was IIRC some kind of witness protection issued gun) in 357Sig. DAK really kind of requires dedicated time to come to grips with; it's really not a casual shooter thing if you actually want to use it effectively. At least, that's the way it was for me.

I wound up converting mine to DA/SA; cost something like $150+ to do so IIRC; expensive part was the hammer followed by the trigger bar I think.

For all the people who look at the Sig P250 fondly for it's revolver-like trigger pull...DAKs IMO are all that and more, but for whatever reason no one pines for them as much.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes you did, which means you probably over paid for the gun.

As the late P-F member LSP972 said so well “DAK sucks all the joy out of shooting a SIG.”

The user experience with the DAK is simply shorter, lighter DAO trigger pull.

My experience was, you could shoot the DAK and other trigger styles with minimal issues, whereas to be any good with the LEM you kind of have to shoot nothing but LEM or DA Revolvers.
    Ha! I wonder why he said that?

Feels like a great training gun in dry fire. I loooooove that trigger. The DA of a DASA (at least with my P229) is J frame kind of heavy.

It’s a 357 Sig so I’m taking what I can get. With that cartridge I won’t be burning down splits so it seems like a decent choice for what I’m looking to do with it. Maybe get it milled for an EPS (because you can’t mill very deeply on P-series, so a low deck is a must).

I’m okay with the $600 I spent, lol. Even if I did overpay, I’ll enjoy the heck out of it!

Yep. That's a DAK. Here's mine. I got it for $379. LEO trade in about 3-4 years ago or so. The only sign that it had ever been out of the factory box was some minor (and very few) dings on the factory grip and on the right side only, so I know it was carried. But as far as I could tell this gun had never been fired outside of the factory. It was 100% finish except for the normal marking on the outside of the barrel. Very very light at that. The frame and slide were pristine. I damn near bought a 2nd one.

Name:  IMG_6110.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  56.2 KB

User Tag List