25 78.13%
  • PCC Comp 19

6 18.75%
  • Mods here are shit

2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GP100 or PCC Comp 19?

While I've had, and enjoyed Smith & Wessons in the past, I'm firmly in the Ruger camp, be it Security Six, Blackhawk, and GP100.

Best, Jon

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    While I've had, and enjoyed Smith & Wessons in the past, I'm firmly in the Ruger camp, be it Security Six, Blackhawk, and GP100.

Best, Jon
    There is a used . 357 Blackhawk on a local NC forum, but they are on the other side of the state.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    They lowered the price of the GP100; now it's $649.00. I may need to get it.
    --Jason--

I’m not much on gutter sights but I’d take the Ruger. Like @JonInWA, I’m firmly in the Ruger camp. And if you’re feeling sporty some time, the GP will launch any level of .357 this side of a tactical nuke (with proper powder selection of course) and ask for more.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    There is a used . 357 Blackhawk on a local NC forum, but they are on the other side of the state.
    That 6.5” over in Gaston County? Sold, but it was up for a while, which was weird given the condition and price.

Just to add to the GP100 dogpile… A Ruger is a Ruger. The trigger is… Ruger. But, it is built to take a beating and shoot soft. It’s simple to maintain.

Haven’t felt a new PC Smith that’s felt like a PC gun in years. Cosmetic issues, terrible gritty actions… for the same money, Kimber and Colt have managed to put out smoother, lighter DA actions that wipe the floor with the PC Smiths.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    They lowered the price of the GP100; now it's $649.00. I may need to get it.
    If you can live with fixed sights, and the thing is mechanically good, I'd offer them a bit less and see if they'll take it.

With the smaller "Lett's style" factory rubber grip like TALO puts on some of its short-barrel GP-100's, that 3" can conceal better than a lot of people think.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    I ended up with neither of my two options from my poll but yesterday I did get a revolver I wanted. I have an "S&W 686 Plus 3-5-7" (with the unfluted cylinder) cylinder waiting on me to pay for it on Gunbroker(waiting on my FFL to email their license number to me).
    Next week I'll have it in my grubby little hands. This is my revolver for "The Last of Us" times.

--Jason--

Site Supporter
    I ended up with neither of my two options from my poll but yesterday I did get a revolver I wanted. I have an "S&W 686 Plus 3-5-7" (with the unfluted cylinder) cylinder waiting on me to pay for it on Gunbroker(waiting on my FFL to email their license number to me).
    Next week I'll have it in my grubby little hands. This is my revolver for "The Last of Us" times.

Dude...I just picked one of these up for 850 bones at the local fun dealer.

Not a screaming deal, except for the fact it came with a Milt Sparks VM2 and a few speedloaders.

It feels like the action was worked on or a spring was replaced, so I have fears that Bubba backed out the strain screw or something. But that's easily fixed.

Let's see what this 3 inch revolver thing is all about.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Not a screaming deal, except for the fact it came with a Milt Sparks VM2 and a few speedloaders.

It feels like the action was worked on or a spring was replaced, so I have fears that Bubba backed out the strain screw or something. But that's easily fixed.

I'm looking for a holster now.
    That seems like a very good deal. The holster and speed loaders included are nice. They have a new one at the LGS, but it's $950.00. Slightly used and slightly cheaper worked out on my gunbroker bid.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

I have always loved the looks of the 686 with the 3" barrels and nice wood grips!!! A couple of decades back, while on vacation, I saw a Detective in Panama City Beach, carrying this set up. Stopped and talked to him about it. He sang it's praises! One of the coolest and most elegant revolvers ever made in my opinion! Congratulations to the both of you!!! And good luck on finding the holster for yours, Blades!

User Tag List