• PCC Comp 19

6 18.75%
  • Mods here are shit

2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GP100 or PCC Comp 19?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    It looks like you were considering the 3” GP100 which lists about for $50 more than your used price.

https://grabagun.com/ruger-gp100-357...-da-fs-ss.html

I like my 3” WC GP a lot and the gun you considered with some kind of front night sight upgrade would be a Jeep quality “Go anywhere do anything” revolver.
    Even better
    https://grabagun.com/firearms/handgu...-da-as-bl.html
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Thank you. I thought it was a good price. I'm glad I posted.
    Well, there's some value in sliding your card for a gun you're actually holding in your hand and get to inspect, rather than paying and then dealing with whatever shows up.

But...

I'm sure you can find people who scream about how "they don't make them like they used to" but I've got zero issues with ordering a brand new Ruger revolver sight unseen. The odds of a lemon are pretty low, and they do seem pretty good about fixing them.

I paid $509 for my then-brand new 4" Blued GP100 in October of 2018, but that was The Before Times.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Well, there's some value in sliding your card for a gun you're actually holding in your hand and get to inspect, rather than paying and then dealing with whatever shows up.

But...

I'm sure you can find people who scream about how "they don't make them like they used to" but I've got zero issues with ordering a brand new Ruger revolver sight unseen. The odds of a lemon are pretty low, and they do seem pretty good about fixing them.

I paid $509 for my then-brand new 4" Blued GP100 in October of 2018, but that was The Before Times.
    I paid $585 in 2018 for my m66 too

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I actually just bought one of those for $750 (no state tax) last month because the LGS got it in stock and I wanted a larger range .38 that could shoot .357 if the mood moved me. And a gun in the hand is better than wishing for a gun in the hand. Like Mr Polfus just said I was pretty confident a Ruger GP would work or the mothership could sort it out.

GP100

Personally I find 3” to be the best compromise in balance/handling/ballistics but a 4” half lug is pretty good too. I choose Ruger over Smith for the grip.

http://instagram.com/p/Cmwt399rYBN/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I Prefer 3" (and have a talo 7shot), so that puts value a bit over the standard 4.2" gp100, and recoil no issue w those grips or can spruce it up nice with some wood.

Some decent gun.deals if you look for gp100 on the 4.2" stainless or blued just $650 and $711 fyi if still in stock.

My friend's PC 19 Carry comp had to go back right away, not qc check going out the door, but has been good to great since back. I've no personal experience with those.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman View Post
    I Prefer 3" (and have a talo 7shot), so that puts value a bit over the standard 4.2" gp100, and recoil no issue w those grips or can spruce it up nice with some wood.

Some decent gun.deals if you look for gp100 on the 4.2" stainless or blued just $650 and $711 fyi if still in stock.

My friend's PC 19 Carry comp had to go back right away, not qc check going out the door, but has been good to great since back. I've no personal experience with those.
    I’ve been wanting to pick up a PC 19 carry comp for a project. So far I’ve seen and handled five of them in person, and everyone had some type of issue that would require a trip back to the factory or to a gunsmith to correct.

Not all new production Smith and Wesson‘s are bad but it seems like there is some type of inherent issue with the PC 19 Comp gun production process.

What makes it even stranger is the PC 586 comp model does not seem to suffer from his constant QC problems.

For these reasons, I would recommend the Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve been wanting to pick up a PC 19 carry comp for a project. So far I’ve seen and handled five of them in person, and everyone had some type of issue that would require a trip back to the factory or to a gunsmith to correct.

Not all new production Smith and Wesson‘s are bad but it seems like there is some type of inherent issue with the PC 19 Comp gun production process.

What makes it even stranger is the PC 586 comp model does not seem to suffer from his constant QC problems.

For these reasons, I would recommend the Ruger.
    Not the first person I’ve seen complaining about 19CC’s sitting on LGS shelves that shouldn’t have left the factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Not the first person I’ve seen complaining about 19CC’s sitting on LGS shelves that shouldn’t have left the factory.
    I actually had one in my GrabAGun shopping cart earlier this year, but put my credit card away after reading some reviews.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I actually had one in my GrabAGun shopping cart earlier this year, but put my credit card away after reading some reviews.
    I haven't seen a new one in years but when I worked at a range we saw quite a few. My friend has one with no issues and none of the ones that we sold or saw being shot there has issues. This was back in 16-18ish time frame.

I think the 2020s fucked everything up.

User Tag List