• PCC Comp 19

6 18.75%
  • Mods here are shit

2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GP100 or PCC Comp 19?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    There's one on a local forum for $725.00 and some days I think I need a second one. Mines probably lonely.
    These are round butt right? I was looking for something else on the "Gun Parts Shelf of Doom" and found a set of round butt K/L Pachs I'd forgotten about. I'm pretty sure that's a sign...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    These are round butt right? I was looking for something else on the "Gun Parts Shelf of Doom" and found a set of round butt K/L Pachs I'd forgotten about. I'm pretty sure that's a sign...
    Yep.
    #itsasign
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I had the original 19-7 K-Comp revolver and a GP100. I kept this one.
    Is that a S&W barrel? Who did the custom work? I'm sending my GP100 off to Gemini Custom... hopefully tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I haven't taken it to the range, but yes, I'm still digging it. I really like unfluted cylinders, I like that it's an L frame and weighs 36.6 oz, I like that it hold 7 rounds, and I like the 3" barrel. One of these days I'll take it to the range. I want an owb Kydex or leather holster for it but haven't bought one yet. If I keep causing a double feed in my Glock 26 when I shoot one handed I may have to start carrying it. Revolvers don't try to feed two bullets at once.
    How are you causing double feeds in your G26?

Maybe try an HK

But yeah I do like how revolvers don't care how you hold them to shoot them reliably. In fact, I toy around with the idea of having some kind of custom pocket tailored that would accommodate a 3" GP100 DAO. Crazy, I know.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I’ve also been interested in the 3-5-7. The main thing that’s kept me held back is concerns over getting a lemon with bad QC. I seem to have bad luck in that regard.

I’d love to be convinced otherwise.
    Mine has been outstanding. The strain screw had to be replaced because the previous owner ground it down so the trigger would be light...sadly the 6lb DA trigger would not reliably light primers, but with a little love it's got approximately an 8lb DA trigger that sets off everything and feels slick as buttered glass.

I have no love for the factory stocks and heavy magnum loads however.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Mine has been outstanding. The strain screw had to be replaced because the previous owner ground it down so the trigger would be light...sadly the 6lb DA trigger would not reliably light primers, but with a little love it's got approximately an 8lb DA trigger that sets off everything and feels slick as buttered glass.

I have no love for the factory stocks and heavy magnum loads however.
    I'm considering getting one or another GP100. Like @JonInWA , I have subscribed to the Ruger GP100 as my go-to DA revolver due to the robustness, simplicity, and (perceived on my part) seemingly better if not still spotty QC. That said, the 3-5-7 is beautiful and Smiths have their own advantages. For instance, unlike the Ruger 7-shot .357 GP100s in my experience, the 686+ doesn't seem to suffer any issues due to the 7th round.

There are two GP100s I'm considering: one is a TK Custom new GP100 with an action job, and the other is a distributor exclusive factory GP100 with more of a Security Six look (in my eyes) with the half-lug and square-butt looking grips:
    Name:  GP100 half lug.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  29.9 KB

That's a pretty tough call. What are the details of the TK custom piece?

That 5" half lug barrel has intrigued me, too. There's something that just looks "retro right" about it, and I'm sure it would handle and balance nicely; if you choose it, I'd probably just subject it to an action job/internal improvements and leave the exterior pretty much just as it is.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That's a pretty tough call. What are the details of the TK custom piece?

That 5" half lug barrel has intrigued me, too. There's something that just looks "retro right" about it, and I'm sure it would handle and balance nicely; if you choose it, I'd probably just subject it to an action job/internal improvements and leave the exterior pretty much just as it is.

Best, Jon
    Essentially, it's a standard 4" Stainless 6 Shot GP100, but with TK Custom's "Basic Action Job" and Cylinder Chamber Honing. For $1285.

The 5" half-lug GP100 would end up being $951 out the door.

What kind of action job/internal improvements would you do to the factory GP100? Also, would these be for reliability reasons, and would you do them yourself? Is there anyone you could recommend for such work?

EDIT: Here is TK's description of the Basic Action Job:
    BASIC ACTION JOB - There is nothing basic about our BASIC ACTION JOB. We call it "BASIC" because we leave the factory hammer and trigger and work with what we have. You will get an extended firing pin and a competition spring kit. Oh, don't forget an incredible 9LB double-action trigger.
    I do wonder if this would make it less reliable with ammunition using other-than-Federal primers...

EDIT again: The ONLY reason I'm considering a TK Custom GP100 is because hopefully, any potential QC issues with a factory GP100 such as timing would be corrected by TK Custom during the action job before it ever reaches my hands. Essentially, my interest in a custom job lies entirely within what I perceive to be an extra QC check.
    Last edited by SwampDweller; 02-16-2024 at 09:04 AM.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    ...and the other is a distributor exclusive factory GP100 with more of a Security Six look (in my eyes) with the half-lug and square-butt looking grips:
    Name:  GP100 half lug.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  29.9 KB
    All I know is that picture made me remember buying the latest issue of Shooting Times at the drugstore and reading Skeeter Skelton's contribution(s) first.

Good times...
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    How are you causing double feeds in your G26?

Maybe try an HK

But yeah I do like how revolvers don't care how you hold them to shoot them reliably. In fact, I toy around with the idea of having some kind of custom pocket tailored that would accommodate a 3" GP100 DAO. Crazy, I know.
    One-handed shooting at the defensive pistol matches I attended.

I had an HK for a week or two. Traded it off. I can't afford the magazines. I did like the interchangeable side panels.
    --Jason--

User Tag List