Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Beretta 92FS!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    While cleaning my Beretta 92fs, the locking block just came out while I was cleaning it. Is this normal? I can't seem angle it to get it back in.

Attachment 114865
    Not at all unusual in my experience. Once a gun is well broken in, it will likely happen on 50% of the cleanings.
    Mine always go back in with a little finesse. No significant force required, and certainly not driving out the roll pin in the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Not at all unusual in my experience. Once a gun is well broken in, it will likely happen on 50% of the cleanings.
    Mine always go back in with a little finesse. No significant force required, and certainly not driving out the roll pin in the barrel.
    Alright, cool. I only just shot over a thousand rounds through it.

Site Supporter
    Wait...those aren't supposed to just fall out?

I've had at least a half dozen different 92/96 models...I think all but one the locking block would easily remove by hand (if not come out on its own). Didn't matter if they were Italian or U.S. made, or if new or well-used.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Wait...those aren't supposed to just fall out?

I've had at least a half dozen different 92/96 models...I think all but one the locking block would easily remove by hand (if not come out on its own). Didn't matter if they were Italian or U.S. made, or if new or well-used.
    That's a relief to hear. I wonder why Beretta says they can't be removed without removing that pin? Oh well, as long as it's not indicative of something being out of spec, I don't care.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    That's a relief to hear. I wonder why Beretta says they can't be removed without removing that pin? Oh well, as long as it's not indicative of something being out of spec, I don't care.
    The only time I’ve had to remove the roll pin was when replacing a cracked locking block with a new, unused one.

Speaking of the pin, I thought roll pins were supposed to be single use, but the Beretta video has the same one going back in. I guess some rollpins are re-usable?

User Tag List