Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92FS!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    The military M9s were all US made on completely different production lines compared to the commercial 92’s, yes? How do you think the end of the contract could affect QC? It’s also my understanding that commercial 92 pistols have updated locking blocks that the military M9s couldn’t have.

At the gun shop I work at, since 2020, Beretta pistols (92s at least, we don’t really get anything else from them) have been the only manufacturer who hasn’t had a pistol come back to send off for warranty. The only others in that category have been H&K and Glock. One of the things I’ve admired most about Beretta is that they have maintained excellent QC consistently over the years whereas most other companies have had ups and downs (or just down in the case of Sig)
    I've never seen but one older defective B92, and I suspected that Bubba had messed with it. I have seen 3 Tennessee factory pistols that looked like crap. One had a sticking trigger. My comment stating fear about QC is an opinion based on insight into the industry over 50+ years. The last M9 from the government contract was shipped in Sept, 2021. The Tennessee facility began operating 2014-2015 and had the usual kinks seen in new factories. These kinks manifested themselves in a lower degree of QC. New folks operating and maintaining equipment and the same performing assembly and finishing tasks produced a couple lemons. Bean counters now can get away with more cost cutting. Uncle is no longer looking over Beretta's shoulder. Things change. Hence I fear that the once stellar product might slip or fall down. I have no idea about different lines of manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    Will this improve the double action trigger pull?
    Sorry. I found this info on the inter web. I ordered a 13 lb WC spring. Look’s easy enough to do.
    Last edited by Bernomad; 12-30-2022 at 10:50 AM.

I installed the Beretta OEM D-spring for the 92 model in my M9 commercial. It does help more on DA than SA. And it has been 100% reliable. On my Beretta PX4 Storm compact 9mm, I installed the Beretta OEM D-spring for the Storm. It really lightened the DA pull. In fact, if it were a DAO pistol, I'd be totally satisfied with the trigger pull.

You'll just have to experiment with hammer spring weight. If you get light strikes, just go up a pound and see what happens. For a range pistol, light strikes may cost you if you are shooting competition. In the world, a light strike could cost one more.

The only reason I went with the Beretta springs is that I felt they were vetted to perform as advertised.....and so far they have! As stated before, a hammer spring is the most cost effective upgrade. Stick with brand names and read reviews on each product you are going to purchase. Good luck on your Beretta journey. Enjoy!

I have had 100% reliable w/ a 12# spring but that required a skeleton hammer. So a 13# spring is a very good move. The beauty of the DA/SA action is that you can have a long travel first shot that can go a long way toward keeping all of us who are not Seals or Rangers from shooting someone we don't want to. And then the rest in SA make it easier to make accurate hits. Way back when we were first shooting 92s I did an almost torturous range trip. I forced myself to shoot 100 rnds all in DA. I started from a low ready, brought the gun up and shot once. by the end I no longer worried about that first DA shot. I found that I would usually pull the shot a little low, so my fix was to cover the bullseye w/ the front sight vs having the bullseye sit on top of the front sight. A lighter hammer spring w/ have the most effect on the DA pull but it will slightly lighten the SA also.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I have had 100% reliable w/ a 12# spring but that required a skeleton hammer. So a 13# spring is a very good move. The beauty of the DA/SA action is that you can have a long travel first shot that can go a long way toward keeping all of us who are not Seals or Rangers from shooting someone we don't want to. And then the rest in SA make it easier to make accurate hits. Way back when we were first shooting 92s I did an almost torturous range trip. I forced myself to shoot 100 rnds all in DA. I started from a low ready, brought the gun up and shot once. by the end I no longer worried about that first DA shot. I found that I would usually pull the shot a little low, so my fix was to cover the bullseye w/ the front sight vs having the bullseye sit on top of the front sight. A lighter hammer spring w/ have the most effect on the DA pull but it will slightly lighten the SA also.
    My son was shooting DA only at the range yesterday. He was hitting good. Me, not the best. I need to do your 100 round DA session. The gun ran perfect for a couple hundred rounds. For the first trip out, I’m super happy with it. I gotta pick out a holster now.

Try to find one of these.
    https://www.blackhawk.com/holsters-1...ter/1651.html?
    This is NOT the Serpa version that everyone thinks is unsafe. It is well made, and comes w/ the belt or paddle mount, and doesn't cost much. They will also notify you when back in stock but you may find one on the web or in a local store. I don't think it affects you but it will not fit a 92 w/ a rail.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Try to find one of these.
    https://www.blackhawk.com/holsters-1...ter/1651.html?
    This is NOT the Serpa version that everyone thinks is unsafe. It is well made, and comes w/ the belt or paddle mount, and doesn't cost much. They will also notify you when back in stock but you may find one on the web or in a local store. I don't think it affects you but it will not fit a 92 w/ a rail.
    I found that one to be discontinued on another web site. I don’t have a rail. I’ll do the notification thing. Price is right. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    The military M9s were all US made on completely different production lines compared to the commercial 92’s, yes? How do you think the end of the contract could affect QC? It’s also my understanding that commercial 92 pistols have updated locking blocks that the military M9s couldn’t have.

At the gun shop I work at, since 2020, Beretta pistols (92s at least, we don’t really get anything else from them) have been the only manufacturer who hasn’t had a pistol come back to send off for warranty. The only others in that category have been H&K and Glock. One of the things I’ve admired most about Beretta is that they have maintained excellent QC consistently over the years whereas most other companies have had ups and downs (or just down in the case of Sig)
    You know what did effect Beretta quality ? The move from MD to TN.

Prior to Beretta’s move from Maryland to Tennessee, saw exactly one defective Beretta, pistol, and Italian made 92 A1.

Things have gotten better, but in the first two years after the move to Tennessee, I saw multiple defective guns. Guns it did not shoot to point of aim, a Gun, with the magazine, catch hole cut into the frame in the wrong place sucks that a magazine could be inserted, but not locked into place, guns with sharp edges that drew blood etc.

As for Glocks, being perfection, ha, I wouldn’t buy a Glock sight unseen. They’ve had plenty of lemons.

Most guns get purchased and shot once, or never shot at all. Plus a lack of warranty returns. Does not necessarily equal a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You know what did effect Beretta quality ? The move from MD to TN.

Prior to Beretta’s move from Maryland to Tennessee, saw exactly one defective Beretta, pistol, and Italian made 92 A1.

Things have gotten better, but in the first two years after the move to Tennessee, I saw multiple defective guns. Guns it did not shoot to point of aim, a Gun, with the magazine, catch hole cut into the frame in the wrong place sucks that a magazine could be inserted, but not locked into place, guns with sharp edges that drew blood etc.
    So have they fixed the issues? Or are the new Beretta's from TN still hit or miss? I'm interested in picking up an FS model just like the OP. Wondering if I should hold out for a used one from MD?

I have two Tennessee guns;
    A full size RDO 92x, and a Centurion non-RDO 92x that I sent to LTT for their magic.
    In my experience the ONLY thing I see that is 'not aesthetically right' is the chrome lining in the barrels. It in no way effects the accuracy, as both guns shoot better than I ever will, but when you inspect them, it's not a brite chrome, but more of a satin.
    I'm approaching close to 2000 rounds thru the Centurion, and the barrel doesn't look any different from the day I purchased it, nor is it different from the Full size that has about a thousand rounds.
    The Bruniton finish is consistent and well applied on both. All the internals are finished well.

I'd purchase another TN gun without issue. I was going to look for a non RDO compact, until I found a Compact L M9a1 , and grabbed it.

I do prefer the Vertec grip over the original grip of the FS.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List