Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: It’s almost 2023, Shot is around the corner, what are we gonna see?

Walther discontinues the P99

Aw man, end of a legend. I don't see an announcement anywhere on their site but, looks like Walther is discontinuing the P99 (this was in one of their email newsletters). I guess it's long overdue at this point with the PPQ and now the PDP. I always had a soft spot for the P99, and especially the original version of it.

On a side note, I really wish manufacturers wouldn't just yank every trace of a model line off their site when it's discontinued. From a marketing standpoint, that's a terrible idea. Far better to have sort of a "museum" section of a website where old models can be cataloged and still discovered while funneling people to current equivalent products. I don't think I've found a single manufacturer that really handles discontinuations like that properly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    An aluminum frame Colt Cobra would be nice to see. In an email exchange that I had with Paul Spitale at Colt, he indicated that it was on the roadmap for 2022. That exchange took place before CZ got involved.
    I have been jonesing for a "Nite Lite" Cobra since they reintroduced the D frame revolvers.
    If one materializes with DAO/bobbed hammer and boot style grips/stocks, my wallet will open quickly..

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Aw man, end of a legend. I don't see an announcement anywhere on their site but, looks like Walther is discontinuing the P99 (this was in one of their email newsletters). I guess it's long overdue at this point with the PPQ and now the PDP. I always had a soft spot for the P99, and especially the original version of it.

On a side note, I really wish manufacturers wouldn't just yank every trace of a model line off their site when it's discontinued. From a marketing standpoint, that's a terrible idea. Far better to have sort of a "museum" section of a website where old models can be cataloged and still discovered while funneling people to current equivalent products. I don't think I've found a single manufacturer that really handles discontinuations like that properly.
    Oh thats a shame, always liked the P99.

I still remember when it was introduced to the world:

https://youtu.be/DdyB_0Cd26w?t=387

Subsequently, my first 'modern handgun' was a clear P99 airsoft pistol, was 12 at the time, felt like I was living int he future compared to my wooden rubber band gun.

May have to try a real one now.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Archon / Strike One is back, now with a RDS option

The Strike Out returns.

Watch out, Glock. Your days are numbered now.

spyderco monkey, no dig at you.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I feel like I’ve had another stroke.

We’re in the start of the 2023 SHOT Show news season and the coolest looking innovations thus far are from RIA and Taurus.
    Wait till you see all the AR pistol braces laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Wait till you see all the AR pistol braces laying around.
    Braces are so 2015. You’re not paying attention…

Everything new is chambered in 10mm. We spent the entire past year listening to Kate Bush on the radio. Revolvers are cool. Top Gun was the best movie of the past year.

I’m calling it, we’re shooting with sling tension now.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Braces are so 2015. You’re not paying attention…

Everything new is chambered in 10mm. We spent the entire past year listening to Kate Bush on the radio. Revolvers are cool. Top Gun was the best movie of the past year.

I’m calling it, we’re shooting with sling tension now.
    SARCASM the ATF just came out with the brace rule today

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    SARCASM the ATF just came out with the brace rule today
    I think you need your meter calibrated...

Site Supporter

I saw this. Sigh.

I mean, it's not like new P99s have been readily available (aside from random batches here and there) in the last 6 - 7 years. Though there are brand-new ones all over Gunbroker right now. And I guess they're releasing a "Final Edition" P99 this year, with an OD green frame. I wish Walther would pull the P99/AS system forward to PDPs and Q4s. The P99's single-action trigger is sooo short, crisp, precise and direct. It's very unique and very shootable, in my opinion. The DA is pretty solid too.

Also...

How can a legacy end? Legacies hang around after something ends--that's the whole point of a _uckin' legacy.

I feel like now would be a good time for that "man yelling at cloud" GIF...
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

What next? H&K discontinuing the USP?

I really wish manufacturers wouldn't just yank every trace of a model line off their site when it's discontinued. From a marketing standpoint, that's a terrible idea. Far better to have sort of a "museum" section of a website where old models can be cataloged and still discovered while funneling people to current equivalent products. I don't think I've found a single manufacturer that really handles discontinuations like that properly.
    https://cz-usa.com/product-category/discontinued/

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I saw this. Sigh. I feel like now would be a good time for that "man yelling at cloud" GIF...
    Last edited by BCG; 01-14-2023 at 03:02 PM.
    Yippee ki-yay

User Tag List