Thread: Video on Americana armlock

Video on Americana armlock

Now that the old day job is almost completley in the past, I will be doing a bunch more video content both on social media and on my YouTube channel. Here is one I filmed a week or so back on one of my faovrite submissions. However, what I consider the important part is not really the armlock, but the positional control. Even if you never wnat to tap someone or have the abiltiy to destroy their shoulder, the points on dominant positional control are important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNCf8DOuWU
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

That was great. I can’t do all that, but I absolutely get the overarching concept. Which, of course, I’ve heard from you a million times before.

I’ll look forward to the next installment.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Now that the old day job is almost completley in the past, I will be doing a bunch more video content both on social media and on my YouTube channel. Here is one I filmed a week or so back on one of my faovrite submissions. However, what I consider the important part is not really the armlock, but the positional control. Even if you never wnat to tap someone or have the abiltiy to destroy their shoulder, the points on dominant positional control are important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNCf8DOuWU
    Good...isolate the body before isolating and destroying the limb. Body weight distribution added in. Same south elbow tuck setup can finish w that to RIP it if he was holding a knife etc

Awesome, Cecil, and thank you! Standing by for more.

FWIW, the Americana was my first sub in a competitive setting as a white belt and is a mainstay of my "big tall monkey" flow.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Looking forward to it Cecil…

User Tag List