Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I think that if I were a member of the credentialed outdoors media that I wouldn't log in to the SHOT Show new products section and leak embargoed information in a blog post.

That would be what I would do in this situation ;-)
    Assuming why said blog post was taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Assuming why said blog post was taken down.
    I wouldn’t know anything about that 😉

I think it’s a cool idea. The Shield RMSc/Holosun K footprint really seems to be getting popular too.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Right? The .500 revolver right above it has a kind of cool, Junkyard dog aesthetic about it that I like, but the 10.5" Raging Hunter made me throw up in my mouth a little.

If somebody tells you "I bought a Taurus Judge Executive Grade" that will tell you everything you need to know about them.
    If I knew anything about these products, which obviously I don’t because they don’t exist (yet), but if I did I would say that as someone who has written columns about how much the Judge sucks, I find it hard to hate the hypothetical Executive Grade Judge that definitely doesn’t exist and I don’t have one

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    If I knew anything about these products, which obviously I don’t because they don’t exist (yet), but if I did I would say that as someone who has written columns about how much the Judge sucks, I find it hard to hate the hypothetical Executive Grade Judge that definitely doesn’t exist and I don’t have one
    I'm willing to be persuaded, because I'm one of those people who can actually for reals use a "foraging gun," which I define as someone who can actually use a single, lightweight firearm that is easily packed around all day and can kill everything from grouse to blacktail deer, depending on what happens along.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    If that's the worst thing I get called today (and at this point it is the leader in the clubhouse) then it's been a damn good day.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Maybe, but I’ve been intrigued with FrankenRugers for a while and that looks like a nice way to jump into the pool. Being a .460 means I can run .45 Colt (because .460 and .454 are non-starters for me) and I’m always looking for a reason to bring a .45 Colt into the safe.

And because I’m a fricken gun N-E-R-D.
    Again, if I knew anything about these guns that definitely don't exist yet, I'd say that the 10.5 RH is a really cool looking space gun and that the compensator is absolutely wonderful and insanely effective at reducing recoil on 460 rounds, and it makes shooting spicy 45 Colt like shooting a 22.

Hypothetically, of course because I don't know anything about these guns that don't exist

If that long thing that doesn't exist but was envisioned were made, with a can or flash suppressor isn't that in a cartridge w a lot of punch and a platform that could actually do a lot of things at realistic special teams distances in confined space setups ala GIGN?

Are cats out of the bag fair game re details and screen shots or is it requested they are put back in the bag?

I read those old small frame Rossi Revolvers had heavy DA's and I don't know the internals...would spring kits for 856's work? or I read some used 9lb J-frame hammer springs on them back in the day? Anyone have those older smaller frame ones? Or theoretically speaking of course, would they have lighter hammer springs than yore?

Also, speaking of springs....is there a trigger kit liked for lighter but reliable on GX4XL? I do dig the way they look and feel.

Sorry, but I'm a bit behind. Might this be the Taurus 856 in question?

https://jdmtactical.com/product/taur...es-optic-mountName:  Taurus 856 with Optic.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  35.2 KB

Well, I'm glad I read the hypothetical article about the hypothetical revolver that may or may not quite yet exist. Because it feels a hypothetical need (want) I wasn't even aware of surly exists.
    If, and when, these come to fruition it will surely be a case of "Take my money" please.

I spent the past 2 days watching Christmas movies ("Lethal Weapon" and "Die hard" and listening to Lee Weens podcasts): priming .38 spl brass, 1200 pieces of .38 brass brass. I love my LCR... but I think I need one of these hypothetical revolvers...for I love my RDS's as well.

I blame this on the enabling capabilities of the respected members here. I applaud you. Your powers are strong.

User Tag List