Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by elbereth View Post
    There was no baggie of screws with the pistol, is there a way to get customer service to send me a set without going through the long hold? FYI the customer service agent that I talked to did not even offer that I should have had a bag of screws. Appreciate your help!
    They hide/stash some stuff under the cardboard divider thing in the box. A "bull head" grip, if yours didn't come with one mounted, and an extra sight blade. Check there for your screw baggie.

The screw set is seven bucks. My personal inclination would be to just order a set.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    They hide/stash some stuff under the cardboard divider thing in the box. A "bull head" grip, if yours didn't come with one mounted, and an extra sight blade. Check there for your screw baggie.

The screw set is seven bucks. My personal inclination would be to just order a set.
    That list of items is helpful - I am also missing the sight blade. I had checked in those areas and nothing was there.

Site Supporter
    That list of items is helpful - I am also missing the sight blade. I had checked in those areas and nothing was there.
    I’d check with the store you bought it from. Some places pull the extra magazines from boxes so they can sell them and tell the customer that the gun only comes with one. This place might have done the same thing with the parts in the box.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I’d check with the store you bought it from. Some places pull the extra magazines from boxes so they can sell them and tell the customer that the gun only comes with one. This place might have done the same thing with the parts in the box.
    I have already done that as well. Appears that either Taurus did not include, or someone at the distributor removed it. Thanks,

I have already done that as well. Appears that either Taurus did not include, or someone at the distributor removed it. Thanks,
    Probably an error when the boxes were packed. I can't see any of that stuff being worth anybody filching it out of a box. FWIW, the 856 I bought in late April or early May (my second) was missing some of the bits I mentioned as being stashed under the cardboard..

Just order it. It's just not worth your time and effort to pester (anybody's) customer service so that they can "make it right" over a readily available $6 part. Standard Internetz disclaimers apply: IMHO&YMMV.

I see JM Custom Kydex is now listing the 856 as one they make holsters for.

Got one on order.

I am quite looking forward to reading @Tamara ‘s article on the 856 Toro.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    I see JM Custom Kydex is now listing the 856 as one they make holsters for.

Got one on order.
    I haven't clicked on every option yet but all the ones I have checked so far list 856 3" na with red dot cut

edit to add
    I'm doubting "na" is "NOW AVAILABLE!"

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I haven't clicked on every option yet but all the ones I have checked so far list 856 3" na with red dot cut

edit to add
    I'm doubting "na" is "NOW AVAILABLE!"
    Dark Star Gear Apollo is available from Taurus' webstore (but is not on DSG's page), and looks like it wouldn't be difficult to modify to accept an optic equipped 856.

Site Supporter
    Dark Star Gear Apollo is available from Taurus' webstore (but is not on DSG's page), and looks like it wouldn't be difficult to modify to accept an optic equipped 856.
    I’ll wait for the proper product instead of cutting on a holster. I understand these aren’t a high priority because they aren’t going to sell very many and I don’t mind the delay.

User Tag List