Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Here's a link to a Firearms Blog story about the the new Taurus 856 Toro.

It's almost like they have a dialed in revolver shooter working for them or something?

"That Caleb guy" was hinting that there was some interesting stuff coming for SHOT.

Very cool. Pretty sure this tips the scales in my decision of which 3" revolver to buy. Just the fact that they are willing to make products that match what shooters actually want is a good omen.

I hope they offer a taller front sight to cowitness the 507k rear notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    And that 10.5 raging hunter leapfrogs all competition for worst looking revolver.
    Maybe, but I’ve been intrigued with FrankenRugers for a while and that looks like a nice way to jump into the pool. Being a .460 means I can run .45 Colt (because .460 and .454 are non-starters for me) and I’m always looking for a reason to bring a .45 Colt into the safe.

And because I’m a fricken gun N-E-R-D.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If somebody tells you "I bought a Taurus Judge Executive Grade" that will tell you everything you need to know about them.
    True fact; I want to find a redeeming aspect of the Judge but I’m not sure it’s possible.

But I do understand the new “Executive Grade”, lots of people don’t know what they don’t know and buy a Judge. Now they’ll be drooling for second one and making haste to make sure the O2 tank is on the power scooter so they can mosey immediately to the LGS.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Maybe, but I’ve been intrigued with FrankenRugers for a while and that looks like a nice way to jump into the pool. Being a .460 means I can run .45 Colt (because .460 and .454 are non-starters for me) and I’m always looking for a reason to bring a .45 Colt into the safe.

And because I’m a fricken gun N-E-R-D.

(Referring to the gun, not any person in this thread)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-28-2022 at 09:34 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman View Post
    3"6-shot Rossi .357 Magnum RP63 ie basically a 462 w/ 3" like one distributer got....except...all now not just very few...being drop safe IS SOMETHING I HAVE DEFINITELY BEEN WANTING. Hopefully only 27.5-28 ounces.

I'd really like to get a early one do we know eta on this model @jetfire getting out there???

Can the defender night sight fit in it need to check pic see if pinned through side

Only no grip options kinda stinks but this is like the carry specs I've been wanting
    https://www.taurususa.com/revolvers/...ers/taurus-856

The image shown on TFB has a pinned on front sight, & there are 5 different grip options shown in the current production 856 page including VZ G10, Viridian laser, Altamont wood, Hogue rubber, & a Taurus rubber. I actually recently installed a set of those newer factory Taurus rubber grips on my old 605. They have a very good feel to them to me. I also put older 605 grips on my 642 & really like them, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 856 grip is the same as one of the S&W grips, so there should be some kind of grips available that fit you.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    https://www.taurususa.com/revolvers/...ers/taurus-856

The image shown on TFB has a pinned on front sight, & there are 5 different grip options shown in the current production 856 page including VZ G10, Viridian laser, Altamont wood, Hogue rubber, & a Taurus rubber. I actually recently installed a set of those newer factory Taurus rubber grips on my old 605. They have a very good feel to them to me. I also put older 605 grips on my 642 & really like them, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 856 grip is the same as one of the S&W grips, so there should be some kind of grips available that fit you.
    It's the Rossi I'm very interested in and different frame. Found Thai guy makes one pair I like. For 856 there is the really nice rosewood for $44 on taurus website or Amazon, there is a particular g10 not the common one I think I would like as well, and Altamonte has one color in stock too.

But 6 shot .357 option now I would like to know when will happen as that will itch my particular scratch best actually

The ramp of the rossi looks longer but looks like same location for roll pin best I can tell so hoping could put that Amariglo night sight on

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’m just going to tag @jetfire so he can get to ‘splaining when he’s professionally allowed to ‘splain.

Guess I know what I’m spending money on.
    I think that if I were a member of the credentialed outdoors media that I wouldn't log in to the SHOT Show new products section and leak embargoed information in a blog post.

That would be what I would do in this situation ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I think that if I were a member of the credentialed outdoors media that I wouldn't log in to the SHOT Show new products section and leak embargoed information in a blog post.

That would be what I would do in this situation ;-)
    whoops...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

whoops...
    You didn't do anything wrong, you found a blog post and shared information that's relevant to the public. I appreciate that!

User Tag List