Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Here's a link to a Firearms Blog story about the the new Taurus 856 Toro.

It's almost like they have a dialed in revolver shooter working for them or something?

It will be interesting if Ruger and Smith follow along.

ETA: I've been holding off on buying an 856 to see if they would release a model with a rear sight similar to the Ruger Wiley Clapp or Smith 640 Pro. They have apparently decided to say "fuck all that" and jumped to the head of the line.

Once a holster becomes available, this almost is a no-brainer. Even if I don't carry it on the street, I can use it as a practice mule and red-dot transition gun.

What I've been speccing out in my head is a Smith Model 19 Carry Comp with an Allchin mount and an optic. I probably will be able to buy three of these Tauri for what one of those costs.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 12-28-2022 at 10:56 AM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

Once a holster becomes available, this almost is a no-brainer. Even if I don't carry it on the street, I can use it as a practice mule and red-dot transition gun.
    ^^^This. I had no idea there was a Taurus that I needed so much. Didn’t see that one coming.

But “Taurus Judge Executive Grade?” Of all the line extensions to offer…

And that 10.5 raging hunter leapfrogs all competition for worst looking revolver.

Yeah, that little 3” red dot revolver though. I’m pretty sure I have to buy one.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    ^^^This. I had no idea there was a Taurus that I needed so much. Didn’t see that one coming.

But “Taurus Judge Executive Grade?” Of all the line extensions to offer…

And that 10.5 raging hunter leapfrogs all competition for worst looking revolver.

Yeah, that little 3” red dot revolver though. I’m pretty sure I have to buy one.

Right? The .500 revolver right above it has a kind of cool, Junkyard dog aesthetic about it that I like, but the 10.5" Raging Hunter made me throw up in my mouth a little.

If somebody tells you "I bought a Taurus Judge Executive Grade" that will tell you everything you need to know about them.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’m just going to tag @jetfire so he can get to ‘splaining when he’s professionally allowed to ‘splain.

Guess I know what I’m spending money on.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post

Guess I know what I’m spending money on.
    Me too. And it shouldn't be very much. All of the 856 models are under $450 on GrabAGun, except the Executive Grade, which comes with that dumb Pelican case.

I can pop a Holosun on there and have a red dot revolver training mule for less than $1k. I just need somebody to make a holster.

Are Taurus good now??

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are Taurus good now??
    We've had some discussion about that. It sounds like they are really trying to up their game. With some of the issues Smith is having, there is definitely blood in the water and if Taurus can level up in quality, and compete on price, they can eat Smith's lunch.

Site Supporter
    Damn it. 2023 may be an expense year. I am liking 1911s again and now a RDS revolver.

Is there a reputable gunsmith working to improve Taurus revolvers?
    There are Smith shops, Ruger shops, even Colt shops, but I have not heard of anybody debugging and tuning up a Taurus.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

3"6-shot Rossi .357 Magnum RP63 ie basically a 462 w/ 3" like one distributer got....except...all now not just very few...being drop safe IS SOMETHING I HAVE DEFINITELY BEEN WANTING. Hopefully only 27.5-28 ounces.

I'd really like to get a early one do we know eta on this model @jetfire getting out there???

Can the defender night sight fit in it need to check pic see if pinned through side

Only no grip options kinda stinks but this is like the carry specs I've been wanting
    Last edited by DanTheWolfman; 12-28-2022 at 12:33 PM.

User Tag List