Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I am quite looking forward to reading @Tamara ‘s article on the 856 Toro.
    Are you talking about "The Red Eye of the Bull" in the July '23 issue of Shooting Illustrated?

Good article imho. Well written and great photos.

I plan on picking up one of these, but I'm waiting to make sure the seemingly minor bugs get worked out. Well that and the fact I haven't actually seen one yet at my local preferred shooting range and gun store. I really want to handle one before I lay out the cash.

One point Tamara mentioned that I hadn't picked up on was that Taurus put a shorter ejection rod on this build instead of including a longer ejection rod that would allow a more positive ejection of spent cases. Please forgive me if I am misinterpreting what's written. This alone wouldn't deter me from purchasing one. But a longer ejection rod, if feasible, but be nice.

I'm looking forward to further writings from @Tamara on this revolver.

I'm looking hard at one of these and need help deciding between the stainless or blued. Is it true that the "blued" model is just the stainless with a Nitride finish?

Quote Originally Posted by onehalfmvsquared View Post
    I'm looking hard at one of these and need help deciding between the stainless or blued. Is it true that the "blued" model is just the stainless with a Nitride finish?
    It's not really blue, it's definitely a nitride finish. I'd go with that one personally because I think it looks cooler.

thanks Jetfire, I like the dark one too, but is it stainless underneath the nitride? I'm tempted to do some minor garage gunsmithing and would like it to be stainless underneath

Quote Originally Posted by onehalfmvsquared View Post
    thanks Jetfire, I like the dark one too, but is it stainless underneath the nitride? I'm tempted to do some minor garage gunsmithing and would like it to be stainless underneath
    The Taurus Website says the gun is stainless, but it also says the gun comes with one magazine.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    I picked up one last week.

First double action anything I’ve ever mounted an rds to. Man just dry firing this thing make me grin. [emoji16]. I have to think this is going to make me a better shooter.

Site Supporter

TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Is there a recommended shim to use in the event of running out of elevation with a Holosun optic? And if I use a shim, do I need different screws? Or is there an updated list of optics that probably won’t run out of elevation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Is there a recommended shim to use in the event of running out of elevation with a Holosun optic? And if I use a shim, do I need different screws? Or is there an updated list of optics that probably won’t run out of elevation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The screws from the factory will work with this shim: https://www.amazon.com/Ade-Advanced-.../dp/B07Y4F6YFT

Site Supporter
    I did run out of elevation on the Holosun 407K I got for this thing (POI was about 6 inches too high from POA even at just 10 yards, and I could not crank the adjustment screw to make the POI go any lower), so I ordered the shim mentioned above by Mr Jetfire. The shim ultimately worked great, although I did have to do a little filing to make it fit on the mounting plate, because the holes in the shim meant to accommodate the forward “pillars” of the mounting plate that normally go into the matching holes in the bottom of the optic did not line up just so.

Also note, for anyone who finds themselves with the same elevation problem I had, the shim should be mounted so that the thicker part of the shim is facing the muzzle.

Once set up and properly zeroed, it was a lot of fun to shoot!

Just bumping this to see if anyone else that follows @jetfire on social media is also getting the strong hint that we’ll see a .327-flavored 856 TORO during SHOT?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List