Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: TAURUS 856 TORO- Red dot optic equipped revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    The stainless 856 Toro has shown up on gunbroker for $360
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/967746305
    I grabbed one. I figure that it could be really nice because it is one of the first ones built or it could be really bad for the same reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I grabbed one. I figure that it could be really nice because it is one of the first ones built or it could be really bad for the same reason.
    I did as well, I wish I had the disposable funds to have gotten two since I expect at least one trip back to the factory for repairs. Hopefully the inevitable issue will come up sooner rather than later as I hope to take this to Revolver Round Up in November.

I did as well, I wish I had the disposable funds to have gotten two since I expect at least one trip back to the factory for repairs. Hopefully the inevitable issue will come up sooner rather than later as I hope to take this to Revolver Round Up in November.
    It is really sad that we think this way about a new firearm!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    It is really sad that we think this way about a new firearm!
    To be fair if I was buying a S&W or Ruger online these days I壇 have the same concern.

Site Supporter
    I値l post pics later but I picked mine up this afternoon and it appears to just be a 856 with a couple holes through the top strap. I知 not complaining but if the executive grade is a better gun I wonder if it would be better to buy one of them and just get this hole pattern drilled.

Edit to add I only looked at it briefly so it might be more involved than it looks at first glance.

I値l post pics later but I picked mine up this afternoon and it appears to just be a 856 with a couple holes through the top strap. I知 not complaining but if the executive grade is a better gun I wonder if it would be better to buy one of them and just get this hole pattern drilled.

Edit to add I only looked at it briefly so it might be more involved than it looks at first glance.
    No, that's pretty much what it is. It's an 856 Defender (the three inch steel gun) that's drilled for our optics mount. The real engineering trick went into the mount itself, not the actual gun.

The good news is that the 856 uses a strut and coil mainspring, so cleaning up the trigger is simple: dry fire a bunch, then install a Galloway precision mainspring. Leave the trigger return spring alone. That's what I run in my small frames, and how DB set his up on my advice. The end result of that mod should eliminate trigger stacking at the end of the pull and reduce the overall pull weight to under 10lbs while still getting reliable ignition with domestic primers.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    No, that's pretty much what it is. It's an 856 Defender (the three inch steel gun) that's drilled for our optics mount. The real engineering trick went into the mount itself, not the actual gun.

The good news is that the 856 uses a strut and coil mainspring, so cleaning up the trigger is simple: dry fire a bunch, then install a Galloway precision mainspring. Leave the trigger return spring alone. That's what I run in my small frames, and how DB set his up on my advice. The end result of that mod should eliminate trigger stacking at the end of the pull and reduce the overall pull weight to under 10lbs while still getting reliable ignition with domestic primers.
    Will the mount be available separately?

Site Supporter
    Name:  DB8E253D-B5F9-4E31-9C90-11324C6B73FE.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  19.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    Will the mount be available separately?
    As of right now, no. All the mounts we池e making are destined for production guns. I致e asked the question about drilling customer guns for the mount but for now the focus is on making the guns

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post

Can I ask a dumb question? Why not copy the Galloway spring at the factory?

User Tag List