Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap knives

Cheap knives

I recently lost a nice Spyderco Manix and was looking for an inexpensive replacement. I found a lot of brands that were new to me, Sitivien, Civivi, Sencut and others. I ended up buying a Sitivien ST124 for $30. My last cheap knife purchase was a Byrd Harrier 2 and it was about $50. My biggest worry with cheap knives were poorly fitted liner locks. Thats why I purchased the Harrier 2 with back lock and the ST124 with axis lock. I did not know until now the axis lock patent had expired. Cheap knives usually mean cheap steel vs cutting edge steels, which is fine for the price point. I am still happy with the D2 steel used in my new knife. I am really surprised with the field of current cheap knives for around $50.

Name:  5A55B265-BCAA-4D9C-A6A8-182EA4F1A094.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  21.7 KB

I like the plastic handle versions of the Buck 110 and 112 for an inexpensive knife. I think they are going for around $30-35 now.

Site Supporter
    I've been quite happy with the OKT Rat.
    Mostly used as a box cutter, occasionally for food.
    Sharpens well enough with the kitchen knife sharpener.
    No worry price for a solid lock up, AUS-8 stainless blade.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I got a Boker Catalyst. I wouldn't call it anything close to heavy duty, but it's been fine for office chores. Which is about all I ever used much more expensive knives for anyway.

Kershaw makes waved Emerson designs that go <$50 regularly on Amazon.

My favorite cheap(er) knives right now:

Kershaw Emerson CQC-7 ($35-50)

Kizer Swaggs Swayback ($75)

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Small EDC fixed blade with grippy handle, good corrosion resistance, and very good sheath for $16.31

https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/co...ixed-blade-dp/

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My favorite cheap(er) knives right now:

Kizer Swaggs Swayback ($75)
    *deep breath* I do not need another knife. I do not need another knife. I do not need another knife.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    *deep breath* I do not need another knife. I do not need another knife. I do not need another knife.
    If it helps you keep your wallet closed, they had a banner on their site a while back enthusiastically celebrating the founding of the CCP. (Irony alert: The knife I linked to in this thread is also made there.)

Its kind of a given that many knives at this price point will be made in China, but the newer brands that I have found are really nice for the price. Much better than a few years ago.

User Tag List