Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Provisional Limited Optics

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    You're clearly just buying skill, I'd win if I had that gun!
    I make the joke that you CAN buy performance but you can’t buy skill.

If you have skill and money… why not buy performance?

It’s like the JP5… it’s so much easier to shoot than anything else except an MPX, but without the cleaning hassles.

Why wouldn’t someone run one, especially if the top guys have already been running the prototypes for years!

Yet again, the normal quote function is not working for me

That is going to be very popular for LO I think once word gets out.

Hopefully Laugo will make 140mm extensions. The aftermarket has been very slow to make them.

Unless the BOD allows frame mounted option for LO, what's the appeal of running a relatively unproven gun that tends to overheat and doesn't drop mags well with selected loads? I am reasonably interested in full kit but not nearly as much in Retro. Absence of 140 mags is as annoying as curious, as in to "why".

Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Name:  IMG_0953.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  50.2 KB

I can see LO being #4-#5 after its first year and being second overall in a few years since over 40% of limited competitors shoot minor already and CO is a giant division.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Absence of 140 mags is as annoying as curious, as in to "why".
    Lurked a bunch in an FB group for the Laugo when I thought about buying one. Lots of talk about mag extension problems. The big ones were (in no particular order)

--figuring out how to attach the mag extension so that the bullets stayed stacked correctly. Apparently there's some binding in the transition area.
    --figuring out enough spring pressure to present bullets fast enough. The light slide moves really quick and makes this difficult.

I see some people with extensions, so maybe there's some kind of weird recipe out there, but I'd guess it requires tweaking.

Between that and the heat, I'll stick in 2011-land, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post

I can see LO being #4-#5 after its first year and being second overall in a few years since over 40% of limited competitors shoot minor already and CO is a giant division.
    It is very interesting that four divisions -- production, revolver, single stack, and limited 10 represent such a small percentage of overall activity.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yet again, the normal quote function is not working for me

Unless the BOD allows frame mounted option for LO, what's the appeal of running a relatively unproven gun that tends to overheat and doesn't drop mags well with selected loads? I am reasonably interested in full kit but not nearly as much in Retro. Absence of 140 mags is as annoying as curious, as in to "why".

Sorry, you didn’t tag me so I didn’t know you were asking.

This would be just the Retro.

If you haven’t tried it, you don’t know what you’re missing.

Fixed barrel matters.

It’s been campaigned pretty well overseas in IPSC.

It’s a European gun and the European market doesn’t have the need for crazy mag caps that we have in the states.

Name:  BC6A9B9F-A67D-40A5-BFAC-E5CE5C798786.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  101.4 KB

Heat won’t bother the serious shooters at matches. One stage in 30 minutes will be fine.

If practicing with it, I’d do like I do with suppressors. I have a cooling dunk bucket.

It’s not the proof… it’s the proof of concept.

It’s a far better shooting gun than any tilting barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Sorry, you didn’t tag me so I didn’t know you were asking.

This would be just the Retro.
    I wasn't sure if my tag function was working. I am glad to see my quote function return back.

I've some experience with fixed barrels on a P7M8. Interesting that you feel that this bit makes such difference. I didn't find the P7 that special in shooting department. I was more focused on the optic attachment method more than anything else when I was researching the Alien.

I'll wait to see what BOD releases at the end of a month. Weak hope on attachment method and weak uncertainty about power factor are holding me from commissioning a 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is very interesting that four divisions -- production, revolver, single stack, and limited 10 represent such a small percentage of overall activity.
    Does anyone know in what units the "activity" is measured?

Does anyone know in what units the "activity" is measured?
    Not sure, that one was from USPSA. Here's another one broken down by unique shooters who have shot at least one classifier. https://www.reddit.com/r/USPSA/comme...eb2x&context=3

I wasn't sure if my tag function was working. I am glad to see my quote function return back.

I've some experience with fixed barrels on a P7M8. Interesting that you feel that this bit makes such difference. I didn't find the P7 that special in shooting department. I was more focused on the optic attachment method more than anything else when I was researching the Alien.

I'll wait to see what BOD releases at the end of a month. Weak hope on attachment method and weak uncertainty about power factor are holding me from commissioning a 2011.
    Perhaps it’s the fixed barrel along with the super low bore axis in relation to the hands that makes such a difference in the Alien?

This is what we’re talking about compared to a Shadow 2.

Name:  E222EAE6-7709-43F8-91B1-81D3A262FE4B.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  50.6 KB

Waaaay less torque arm / fulcrum for recoil impulse.

It goes more straight back than up for the recoil.

With a compensator doesn’t really matter… but for uncompensated LO… it’s going to be a monster.

No safety on a draw, either.

User Tag List