Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Provisional Limited Optics

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"Psst, hey you, yeah you, with the Staccato, have I got a deal for you."

I’m not surprised. The concept of either allowing SAO guns into CO or creating a division around SAO w/ optic has been bubbling under the surface for a while.

From the Dec 20 meeting minutes:

We will set up a member comment system with the published proposals no later than 28 December, allowing 30 days of member comment prior to the in-person board meeting.

Looks like they are soliciting member comment on the proposal to create a provisional Limited-Optics division. Also to be included in the member comment period are proposals to:

1. Modify Production Division (increasing round capacity to 15, mag limit, mag extension as long as it fits the box, or 140mm mag limit)
    2. Allow L-10 Division guns to mount an optic

I will say that I am gratified that they are going about these changes in a more member-driven approach rather than making closed-door decisions in a dark smoky room.

it would be interesting to see how this will affect CO and Open.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    it would be interesting to see how this will affect CO and Open.
    I think it’ll happen in phases over the years.

First year:
    Staccato people in open move to Lim Optics
    Some lim people with conversion barrels mill and go Lim Optics
    Some people buy guns and go into the sport with it.
    CO probably doesn’t change much until Lim Optics makes critical mass.

Either way… I am ready!

Name:  D411C848-F144-4101-8060-C05DE419C856.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  102.5 KB

I still think they should just add SAO into CO. I'm not a fan of adding more divisions to water down the low participation in most divisions in the sport as it is. I don't think anyone truly believes a SAO 2011 is going to give you an advantage over a polymer striker fired gun at this point after Nils won limited nationals shooting minor PF with a Canik. I'd rather just combine CO and limited optics into one division, and combine production and limited into one division and get rid of major PF.

Now we only need three divisions.
    Optic with a compensator (old Open)
    Optic without a compensator (old CO + new Lim O)
    Stick in the mud iron sight shooters, who cares what kind of gun, they are obsolete anyhow.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Let's see if this gets passed at all. I'm more curious of membership's response, assuming that BoD shares the true data.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

So still no division for 2011 with dot in 9mm? Or even without the dot... Isn't that what 3 gun, the tactical games, and stuff like that have as the most popular pistol?

I don't shoot a 2011 so it doesnt really matter to me. Just seems odd. Maybe Im just pissy about major/minor.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Let's see if this gets passed at all. I'm more curious of membership's response, assuming that BoD shares the true data.
    I agree. It’ll also be interesting to see if the number of member responses exceeds the number of members that voted in the last USPSA presidential election….

User Tag List