Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Provisional Limited Optics

IDPA CO = USPSA LO

So goofing off in IDPA CO with a bona fide carry gun.

Name:  2C47D6A0-EC57-4B5B-90C9-C25578C05FA9.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  47.0 KB

It occurred to me that’s a reasonably fun LO gun with different mags.

Name:  F93EC35D-6DB3-4729-AD13-B12BADF31977.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  61.3 KB

Board minutes from last meeting day no LO at level three matches until 2024.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Board minutes from last meeting day no LO at level three matches until 2024.
    Boo….

Why not if they are in a data collection phase? Seems you would want to know if it’s going to be popular at majors and not just locals. Some people might not want to run the division if they can’t shoot majors with the gun.

Might see a bump in Open-minor registration at Area and Nats in the meantime…

My club is adding a LO category to our matches this month, and a number of our more accomplished CO shooters have signed up in LO for the first one next week. I’m even dusting off the Grayguns-fettled P226 RX SAO just for giggles, and a classification.

I'm still sitting here dreaming about including Major, and I think a Limited-Optics-10-Major would be amusing and fun.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I'm still sitting here dreaming about including Major, and I think a Limited-Optics-10-Major would be amusing and fun.
    The gun companies don’t want that. The optics makers certainly don’t want that. Since our sport has a serious lack of non endemic sponsorship, that idea is most likely dead in the water.

If anything, this has the potential to accelerate the decay of Limited Major. I know better than to make this assumption based on the huge shift to LO in the first of the matches that are scheduled or have already been shot, but I foresee a big influx of 2011 users in the coming months. Hopefully this will not result in unintended consequences, but iron sights in this game are definitely on the decline.

A full employment program for gunsmiths and optics importers as shooters rush to put dots on their 2011s.

I will be interested to see the scores and the classification ranges for LO vs CO. I doubt they will be much different, a three pound striker fired gun with 2 lb trigger is at no real disadvantage to a three pound hammer fired gun.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A full employment program for gunsmiths and optics importers as shooters rush to put dots on their 2011s.

I will be interested to see the scores and the classification ranges for LO vs CO. I doubt they will be much different, a three pound striker fired gun with 2 lb trigger is at no real disadvantage to a three pound hammer fired gun.
    It’s not the point really.

Is single stack minor really any different than production?

Function versus ego and logistics are different things.

As for LO versus CO…

I’m 100% sure I can classify stronger HF wise when adding a big ass magwell to a gun. Since classifiers are so reload heavy weighted, even 1-2 tenths matters a lot.

I know I can smash a reload with less precision using a magwell…

10 hit factor classifier: 10 points per second. 2 tenths faster with magwell = 0.2 HF bump per reload.

We also need to consider the mysteries behind the initial HF standards for the LO classifiers, which are "subject to adjustment" and at the moment, appear to be a synthesis derived from Open, Limited, and CO.

Obviously, the next few weeks will determine how much adjustment is needed to what, at the moment, appears to be pretty much a guess.

User Tag List