Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Provisional Limited Optics

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    Since you brought it up, what is the group think on a gaming LO 2011 in 9mm?

For me, I’m thinking slightly lightened slide (tri-top would do it), lo mount optic, nicely tuned trigger in the 24-32 oz range, maybe a full length dust cover but I admit I like the look of a butler cut frame, modest sized magwell, extended thumb safety (prob ambi for a game gun), FL guide rod, and an extended mag button but not too big for those pesky table start stages. .

Bushing bbl vs Bull… I could go either way.
    Steel grip va poly… not sure on that. I would have to shoot them side by side. Both my 2011’s have the STI poly grip still on them.
    Yes, probably that setup. I'll likely do a full dustcover but I wouldn't use a steel grip.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Since you brought it up, what is the group think on a gaming LO 2011 in 9mm?

For me, I’m thinking slightly lightened slide (tri-top would do it), lo mount optic, nicely tuned trigger in the 24-32 oz range, maybe a full length dust cover but I admit I like the look of a butler cut frame, modest sized magwell, extended thumb safety (prob ambi for a game gun), FL guide rod, and an extended mag button but not too big for those pesky table start stages. .

Bushing bbl vs Bull… I could go either way.
    Steel grip va poly… not sure on that. I would have to shoot them side by side. Both my 2011’s have the STI poly grip still on them.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yes, probably that setup. I'll likely do a full dustcover but I wouldn't use a steel grip.
    I think the metal grips have way better texture and shape than the poly ones. Personally, I won't be getting any more guns with poly grips.

I would personally go full dustcover and bull barrel. Also, Atlas high grip safeties. But I might be a little biased, because I have a hard chomed Athena that I adore and is absolutely perfect for Limited Optics. It has a fantastic aluminum grip, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    I think the metal grips have way better texture and shape than the poly ones. Personally, I won't be getting any more guns with poly grips.

I would personally go full dustcover and bull barrel. Also, Atlas high grip safeties. But I might be a little biased, because I have a hard chomed Athena that I adore and is absolutely perfect for Limited Optics. It has a fantastic aluminum grip, fwiw.
    ECK mentioned a steel grip. All steel 2011 will be in a vicinity of 50 oz without mag and I think it'll be too heavy. Aluminum like on yours is a better option than steel in my mind, although I recently shot a 4.25 Prodigy with a poly grip and metal magwell, and the the dot stayed as still as I ever remember seeing on a slide-mounted optic. This was just after I had shot a decent match with my Shadow and the reference was fresh.

I've limited experience with 2011s but since most people say that they cycle magically, assuming appropriate setup, I was hoping to get something that is as light as possible yet cycles and returns on par with the best current CO options.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

BOD meeting minutes from their in-person meeting at the end of the month are out.

Most of the proposed rulebook changes (stage design and some cleanup) were approved and will go into effect on Mar 1, 2023 (expect to see a new rulebook soon), but the proposal to modify Production division capacity is on hold pending more study (and bylaw 16.2 provisions). Limited Optics was discussed, but nothing approved yet pending more evaluation and some house-keeping stuff.

BOD meeting minutes from their in-person meeting at the end of the month are out.

Most of the proposed rulebook changes (stage design and some cleanup) were approved and will go into effect on Mar 1, 2023 (expect to see a new rulebook soon), but the proposal to modify Production division capacity is on hold pending more study (and bylaw 16.2 provisions). Limited Optics was discussed, but nothing approved yet pending more evaluation and some house-keeping stuff.
    Link please?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Link please?
    several documents

https://uspsa.org/bod_minutes

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Thank you!

Interesting that it looks like steel challenge PCC… suppressors now allowed…

By the numbers

USPSA

Name:  2F896027-CEC0-40BF-8D1F-1B6CFAF63497.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  27.1 KB

Steel challenge

Name:  90155CF6-EBA8-4B9D-9620-CAADC3B86741.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  31.5 KB

I know a couple of people who bought xx11 pistols and optics in anticipation of "limited optics" who will probably be feeling a bit sour about this, but I am personally not surprised that the board decided to punt for the time being.

I think it would be interesting if they allowed major and minor in LO -- give the gamers some things to ponder.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List