Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GunSite 260 Shotgun course opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I would attend 260 just to meet Erick. 😀
    [humor] I’m so sorry you feel that way [/humor]

But if you are that much of a glutton for punishment, I’m working the Shotgun 260 and the Shotgun advanced tactics classes that start the week of February 27th and the Shotgun 260 class starting on August 28th.

For those who ask, Push-Pull is in the POI. While I can’t speak for others, I try to give credit to those who have we know originated, developed, or refined TTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    The instructors are kneeling. From the left - Walt Marshall, Richmond CA PD; Bill Jeans, ret'd Clovis CA Pd & Gunsite Ops Manager; Ray Gonzalez, then San Jose CA Pd.
    I remember Walt Marshall, he was the lead instructor when Gunsite's Basic pistol came to Pennsylvania (where the NTI was held). Great instructor and some illuminating stories.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    [humor] I’m so sorry you feel that way [/humor]

But if you are that much of a glutton for punishment, I’m working the Shotgun 260 and the Shotgun advanced tactics classes that start the week of February 27th and the Shotgun 260 class starting on August 28th.

For those who ask, Push-Pull is in the POI. While I can’t speak for others, I try to give credit to those who have we know originated, developed, or refined TTPs.
    Uh oh. This sounds like a PF challenge to fill up a class with members. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    For the original poster, this is one of the reasons you attend schools like Gunsite. You meet some really interesting people with similar interests as you. This more so than other training that you might attend. Depending on his experience and prior training you may learn a lot or a little. I have only attended Gunsite 250 and would have attended more, if I lived closer. If you friend lives in Arizona, he should definately give it a try.
    My buddy and I both live in N. AZ...one of these days I need to take a GunSite class just for the reasons you mentioned, and just to say I did, since it is such a pedigreed institution. I'm sure I'd learn quite a few things too (a lot of things when it comes to Shotgun in fact). Although I have to admit that I guess I've always had a bit of a bias in my mind, possibly unfounded, that GunSite is too expensive and not enough 'Performance Shooting' oriented, especially when it comes to pistol. But I realize that it's probably not necessary to be overly obsessed with Performance Shooting techniques - I'm taking another class with Tim Herron this January for that anyway !

User Tag List