Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: DA/SA FOR AIWB CARRY

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I think the micro 2011 concept has merit, especially AWB for those of us concerned. The S&W CSX is small!! Imagine a Sig 938 with P365 mag, the gun is simple, especially sans a grip safety. It gives you most everything, hammer to control while reholstering, short rest, good trigger, etc.

I hope more follow the lead. SAO Walther, Sig, etc.
    SAO hammer fired is trending right now- you see the new Beretta 92XI thread?

I think that we are pretty much where Mr. Burch says revolvers are at- DA/SA is a niche market, but it is a market, served almost surprisingly well by companies like Beretta and CZ, considering the lack of institutional demand...

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Trying to break the mold of my 9 Glocks. I still love them and I don’t see carrying anything else as primary. But I want to get a 2011 or a TDA. I want a Staccato bad after handling Cliff Byerly’s… but I have a hard time spending that much on a pistol. I know it’s a not a super expensive pistol, but it is compared to $500 Glocks.

I’ve also have my eye on getting a CZ SP01. I’ll have to have it milled, because I have to have an optic (my synthetic lenses. Today… I’m leaning toward the CZ… tomorrow it’ll probably be the Staccato.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I think the micro 2011 concept has merit, especially AWB for those of us concerned. The S&W CSX is small!! Imagine a Sig 938 with P365 mag, the gun is simple, especially sans a grip safety. It gives you most everything, hammer to control while reholstering, short rest, good trigger, etc.

I hope more follow the lead. SAO Walther, Sig, etc.
    I used to own 1911s, including the very compact EMP, a p238, and a STI 2011. I strongly prefer my Glocks and CZs for numerous reasons that would probably cause a thread-hijack. I'm going to focus on 2 of those reasons relevant to this thread topic, AIWB Carry.

1. IMO, a light, short, crisp trigger is not an advantage for defensive shooting. There are a slew of reasons people have trouble making hits under pressure, and a 2# 1911 style trigger typically won't solve any of them.

2. While we all agree that a hammer is good for AIWB holstering, I am unconvinced that the disadvantages of a thumb safety make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-01-2023 at 05:40 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mike Pannone was a strong TDA advocate, but recently jumped to a 2011 John Wick type gun...
    I know the following trainer will not be universally applauded, but Gabe Suarez has started working on CZ's and...at least sort of semi-advocating double action guns. I think he carried Smiths back in the 80's and 90's so it's not a new concept for him, though he's been pretty Glock focused for a long time. He has mentioned the safety thing and even talked in some ways (very different language) about people management triggers and that kind of stuff. I'm definitely not trying to get into a thing about Gabe Suarez here, I'm just noting that he's a non-PF guy who has recently sort of gotten on the TDA bandwagon.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    And Earnest Langdon has been carry Glocks a lot lately. Talked to him about it on my show - at that point he was carrying a 48. And I just saw a post on IG this morning where he said "the 19 is my go to".
    If the IG post is this one https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1qgkLrcKT/, then the post is actually quoting another IG account's posting. While he might be carrying the G48, I don't think he can be quoted saying the G19 is his go to.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    If the IG post is this one https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1qgkLrcKT/, then the post is actually quoting another IG account's posting. While he might be carrying the G48, I don't think he can be quoted saying the G19 is his go to.
    Thanks, that’s what I get for skimming posts.

And yup, like Cecil said, I’m aware he runs the gear they sell for knowledge/R&D/QC. I believe he’s been carrying the HK’s too.

My point was a guy synonymous with DASA Beretta’s, and often stating for safety reasons in AIWB, seems to be fairly comfortable with striker pistols. I’m assuming the SCD is part of that too.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    My grail gun is still a single stack, optic ready PX4, either TDA or even better DAO, so I keep wishing…..
    Make it a 1.5 stack, TDA, w/ Langdon’s cut and I’m in. No reason you can’t squeeze 13-15 rounds out of a slimmer PX4CC-sized platform, IMO. As I’ve noted before though, I don’t know if the PX4’s rotating barrel will lend itself well to further slimming without some fancy/expensive machining or a slide redesign. I love the rotating barrel, but even a regular Browning short recoil system in a G48-width TDA pistol w/ 13-15 round capacity would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Is anyone aware of an institution in the United States that issues DAO or TDA?
    Until pretty recently an institution called the US Military…and there’s still M9s out there

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    Until pretty recently an institution called the US Military…and there’s still M9s out there
    And when was the decision made to go with a DA? Extensions of contracts not included (much different process than changing brand/platform)

*M11 decision was likely some time after M9 decision.

**Also I know of LE departments with GF/authorized DA’s besides revolvers

User Tag List