Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What is THE most hipster handgun…

Site Supporter
    My favorite was an instructor who carried a chromed 1911, with skull carved grips. Wore a black tight tee shirt and some kind of black tactical pants. Also, just dialed in his course and quit earlier because he was tired.

Ball cap backwards is always a clue.

Walther P5. With points for a late model frame-mounted adjustable trigger stop.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

P7M8 or M13. Only legendary to those who never used/carried one. More parts than a Rolex and half as durable.

Stan Chen 1911 (not to pick on Stan, he just has the longest wait list I know of). The Hipster will tell you all about it from now until 2033 while carrying a DB9 because it doesn't ruin the lines of skinny jeans.

For the revolver Hipster, a folding trigger Bodeo 10.4mm, loaded with only four rounds of vintage ammo, which was all he could get from a cartridge collector.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Hence the CZ-75 is the most hipster gun.

You have the Turk CZ clones or trashed milsurp for the dirtbags.
    You have the standard CZ-75 and SP line for the students
    You have the Match versions like the Parrot or Sphinx for the rich hipster posers
    You have step-slides CZ-75s or a North Korean BDS for the real hipsters
    You have Jerichos for kosher and/or space cowboy hipsters
    LOL! Fortunately finished my coffee before reading this.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Vending Machine Operator
    Tried explaining to my fiancee how rare and hipster the P7 is but never made it further than "squeeze cock action" because she was unable to stop laughing. She's kinda right.

My personally owned most hipster gun is probably my Beretta Cougar 8040. .40 which nobody carries anymore, check. A brand/model which has not been on the market for most of a decade, check. A model that wasn't that well known even at its peak, check.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipste...ry_subculture)

I had to look up "Hipster" on Wikipedia, which also had some pictures of people for examples.
    I don't know any. I don't know if I've ever personally seen any. And I don't quite understand their views, tastes, or wants.

I'm suspecting a Hipster may relate to liberal politics, but I don't know if that's true. I suspect most Hipsters wouldn't be interested in firearms, but don't know that either.

It was nice to see some rare and unusual firearms shown, so far, in this thread at least.

Otherwise, I got nothing.

Most hipster gun I've ever owned (no longer have it though). First gen Glock 19. One of only ~20-25 ever imported (best I've been able to tell after talking with Glock US and several collectors) and only some of those in private hands.

Name:  20191013_170756.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  30.0 KB

See, Glocks are supposed to be unremarkable mechanical devices that are purely functional. Contrast that with this experimental version being so rare and coveted it has been elevated to a legendary and mythical status overtaken by few. The sheer contradiction and irony of such a soulless mechanical device being unobtanium and pursued to such an irrational degree is hipster gold. It's Newton's third law materialized in polymer. Literally the G19 "before the G19 existed". So good it makes you feel like:

Name:  smug.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  39.5 KB

I'm totally joking BTW. All in good fun. I like to post about this gun from time to time because it was the last conversation I had with the late Paul Gomez just a couple weeks before his passing. I had just acquired the gun and was geeking out over it. He was such a student of history he thought it was cool too. He also said something to the effect of, I should share about it with people so the history isn't lost. So here it is.

Hipster gun these days: Taurus 856 Executive.

It allows the discriminating owner to revel in the sense that the hoi polloi all look down their noses at Taurus because they think they're informed, but in fact they're not tracking what's what nearly as well as I am--Taurus being trash is so five minutes ago.

The ordinary gun owners all want their Sig 365 whatevers or their Glocks because they run with the pack, but those of us who can really think for ourselves realize that a revolver is where it's at for all kinds of reasons I could explain to you if you were smart enough to understand or developed enough to pay attention to.

Carrying the Taurus allows for a level of irony, as well, like the mustache.

Yep, definitely the 856.

I am not ashamed to say that I bought one myself. But I do not have a mustache. And I sold the Taurus. So I'm not actually a hipster, at least not for long. Though I mostly shoot CZ's.

Well, I mean, I dig Rush, too, so whatever.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Hipster gun these days: Taurus 856 Executive.

It allows the discriminating owner to revel in the sense that the hoi polloi all look down their noses at Taurus because they think they're informed, but in fact they're not tracking what's what nearly as well as I am--Taurus being trash is so five minutes ago.

The ordinary gun owners all want their Sig 365 whatevers or their Glocks because they run with the pack, but those of us who can really think for ourselves realize that a revolver is where it's at for all kinds of reasons I could explain to you if you were smart enough to understand or developed enough to pay attention to.

Carrying the Taurus allows for a level of irony, as well, like the mustache.

Yep, definitely the 856.

I am not ashamed to say that I bought one myself. But I do not have a mustache. And I sold the Taurus. So I'm not actually a hipster, at least not for long. Though I mostly shoot CZ's.

Well, I mean, I dig Rush, too, so whatever.
    I actually really wanted to try the Taurus Executive Grade, but I cannot stand a revolver without a hammer unless it's a 642/LCR.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I would think it's a W. German marked sig, just so everyone doesn't see that it's cool and different at first so they get the opportunity to do what they love to do the most....correct people on "why, actually, this gun is quite different and better"

User Tag List