Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What is THE most hipster handgun…

Meditating on this further, and thinking upon those hipsters I know who carry handguns...

Anything CZ, carried AIWB.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

I know this is the semi auto forum, but I've seen some revolvers in this thread too.

How about this 1938 Registered Magnum with 3.5" barrel? All original and in pristine condition...

When I think "hipster", Glock comes to mind. A friend's son has a customized one he carries most of the time. One with a weird colored slide and barrel, red dot, etc. That kid is Kramer level Hipster doofus.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    How does it work?
    You pull the trigger and bullets fly out the muzzle, but that's not important right now.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    You pull the trigger and bullets fly out the muzzle, but that's not important right now.
    Said the captain of the cruiser Moskva.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Some seldom-seen but still useable combination of Sig 365 grip frame and slide sizes, customized with a vedic mandala engraved on each side of the slide before Turnbull color case hardening.

Carried in an AIWB holster made of Heck cattle hide and tooled with an obscure, college-dorm-level profundity in sanskrit. Bonus points for a matching man-bun hair tie.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Some seldom-seen but still useable combination of Sig 365 grip frame and slide sizes, customized with a vedic mandala engraved on each side of the slide before Turnbull color case hardening.

Carried in an AIWB holster made of Heck cattle hide and tooled with an obscure, college-dorm-level profundity in sanskrit. Bonus points for a matching man-bun hair tie.
    /thread
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’ll take a few shots…

First-DAMN! Is that S&W “Registered Magnum” gorgeous?!? Thanks for putting that up…

I have several in mind, with some comments:

1)A High Standard Sentinel, nickel plated with faux ivory grip, in .22 Magnum. I could go with .22lr, but one loses some “special” points. Hey, Chic Gaylord ran one! Current option: the new Taurus revolver with a dot.
    2)Unless I missed it, I find it hard to believe no one has mentioned some Luger variant. Right now, I’m leaning toward a “Swiss” Luger in 7.65 Parabellum. I could be swayed towards the Artillery model, but only with a custom leather shoulder holster and accessories-snail mag, anyone?- in a leather dispatch case. Available? A Swiss Sig 210; several available for only a few thousand online-Lugers too!
    3)For you Anglophiles, a Webley of some variation. “Coach gun” could be a Webley-Fosberry. Bonus points for a Prideaux speedloader. An obtainable alternative: Schofield reproduction.
    4)Steve McQueen was pretty hip in my view. Bullitt’s Colt Diamondback in a Berns Martin shoulder holster should make the list. We are pretty close with the 3” Pythons now. Dan Wesson revolvers with several barrels. Somebody here can donate a Korth to me…
    5)”Hipsters” might travel light, so an Astra 300 has to be mentioned. Always liked how the Mauser Hsc looked, too. Obtainable? Walther PPK, 9 mm kurz, with a .22lr TPH for backup!

I could go on, but that wouldn’t be cool, man…
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 12-29-2022 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Additions

I've got to admit a .45 Webley seems pretty cool. There was a Brazilian 1917 so made in 50
    s I think .45 acp w the Barrel cut down to like 3.5" on GB a couple months ago that was also very appealing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I know this is the semi auto forum, but I've seen some revolvers in this thread too.

How about this 1938 Registered Magnum with 3.5" barrel? All original and in pristine condition...

Nothing hipster about that.

There seems to be a serious miscommunication in this thread between people who know what hipsterism is and people mistaking technical knowledge and / or ability (aka gun nerds) for hipsters.

User Tag List