Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is THE most hipster handgun…

What is THE most hipster handgun…

I’m out of touch on what cool kids like.

What’s the most hipster handgun you can think of.

Bonus points for hipster pictures.

HK P7 M8 should be in the running…

(Not my gun)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

P7 is a strong contender.

How about the Bren Ten?

-Weird caliber that the hipster thinks is better than yours
    -Old enough design that the hipster can claim to have liked it before it was cool
    -Exclusive, expensive, hard to find, not made anymore etc.
    -Esoteric: you probably haven’t heard of it
    -Kinda ugly and funky. The hipster can claim some kind of elevated aesthetic appreciation that you probably don’t understand

Name:  600px-MV-BRE10-9.jpg
Views: 2634
Size:  70.5 KB

Alternative: A Sphinx or one of those Swiss Phoenix pistols, but I might be a hipster because those look pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Super77; 12-26-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Like Frack I tend to think of Teutonic ‘80s crap, the Falco of the gun world. Basically anything that @bac1023 and @zeleny wind up arguing about.

So like an HK4, but in a .30 Luger chambering.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Like Frack I tend to think of Teutonic ‘80s crap, the Falco of the gun world. Basically anything that @bac1023 and @zeleny wind up arguing about.

I don’t think HK ever made the P9S in .30 Luger. How about ?

SIG P220 or Browning P35 in .30 Luger

Action Arms CZ75 clone in .41 Action Express with matching semi auto Uzi conversion and an Armson OEG single point sight.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t think HK ever made the P9S in .30 Luger.
    what part of “you’ve probably never heard of it” are you not getting?
    Ignore Alien Orders

When I think of the term "hipster", I think of technically savvy, politically progressive and fashionable in a off-beat way that is both counter-cultural and conformist to a narrow band of fashion. Perhaps a true hipster who also is into guns is rare, but is also a person who makes well thought out choices.

If my hypothesis of "Hipsterism" is correct, a hipster would carry a 9mm TDA or LEM pistol in a good AIWB holster, get training and plenty of good practice.

Sounds like a guy, girl or "they" with a CZ, HK or TDA SIG that pronounces the CZ as "Česká zbrojovka" in proper Czech or maybe Polish. Not exactly somebody who lives in ignorance or lack of useful resources.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post

Well considering the HK4 is a small straight blowback with an aluminum frame, good luck with that 30 Luger chambering. I don’t want to be around when you shoot it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t think HK ever made the P9S in .30 Luger. How about ?

SIG P220 or Browning P35 in .30 Luger

Action Arms CZ75 clone in .41 Action Express with matching semi auto Uzi conversion and an Armson OEG single point sight.
    Looks like HK did make the P9S in .30 Luger, for the Italian market. 9x19 was banned, in those days.

https://www.armiusate.it/armi-corte/...-luger_i967416

The Sig P220’s I saw over there were either in .45 HP or 9mm Steyr. Both of those are pretty hipster. 9mm Steyr probably makes the most sense, of those two choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Looks like HK did make the P9S in .30 Luger, for the Italian market. 9x19 was banned, in those days.

https://www.armiusate.it/armi-corte/...-luger_i967416

The Sig P220’s I saw over there were either in .45 HP or 9mm Steyr. Both of those are pretty hipster. 9mm Steyr probably makes the most sense, of those two choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIG made some P-220s in 30 Luger with the heel release as well, I’ve seen a couple.

User Tag List