Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What is THE most hipster handgun…

The ultimate hipster gun is a Glock tricked out to the point that there are no Glock parts in the gun. The trigger is almost certainly red and it's got the full panoply of slide cuts. Invariably it's carried in a PHLSTER Enigma, the most hipster holster ever made. The jeans are skinny and the cover garment (aka shirt) is flannel, although it could be Carhartt instead.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

Site Supporter
    Is the Ruger P Series hipster status yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I think you tagged the wrong person ?
    Hehe. My tongue was firmly in my cheek.

Some of the retired LEO here do BBQ gun “carry rotations” just to tell the awesome stories behind the guns when they’re more likely to be conversation pieces over weapons.

Just sayin that even though you’re not a fan now… opinions can change!

Not sure why I didn’t think of it before, but this was Cooper’s hipster gun:
    Name:  EEB4CD3D-3D3C-4440-ADA7-3195AAD7E2AD.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  31.9 KB

I think I’ve made a few attempts but I never got one, despite being acquainted with the biggest Star fanboi on the internet.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Hey if 1911s are retro hipster, then maybe this one fits some of the uncommon criteria for “look at me” attention?

Name:  4A0ABAC2-1AD2-453F-8E84-4A8A44CD2A11.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  40.0 KB

Shoots 357 magnum like a laser…

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Not sure why I didn’t think of it before, but this was Cooper’s hipster gun:
    Name:  EEB4CD3D-3D3C-4440-ADA7-3195AAD7E2AD.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  31.9 KB

I think I’ve made a few attempts but I never got one, despite being acquainted with the biggest Star fanboi on the internet.
    I had two Star BMs and a Star PD back in the day. Carried 'em all (not at the same time, natch) at various times. Of course this was before the Plastic Fantastic took over.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Hey if 1911s are retro hipster, then maybe this one fits some of the uncommon criteria for “look at me” attention?

Name:  4A0ABAC2-1AD2-453F-8E84-4A8A44CD2A11.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  40.0 KB

Shoots 357 magnum like a laser…
    That was a hipster gun when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I wouldn't say I have my fingers on the Hipster pulse, but I have choked out a few.

Around here in Hipster Central there are dirtbag hipsters, student hipsters, and yuppie hipsters. Some hipsters are rich, but make a halfhearted attempt to act poor. I wouldn't put a cap on hipster stuff. I've seen them driving Maseratis.
    Hence the CZ-75 is the most hipster gun.

You have the Turk CZ clones or trashed milsurp for the dirtbags.
    You have the standard CZ-75 and SP line for the students
    You have the Match versions like the Parrot or Sphinx for the rich hipster posers
    You have step-slides CZ-75s or a North Korean BDS for the real hipsters
    You have Jerichos for kosher and/or space cowboy hipsters

I'd argue one of the core tenets of hipsterdom carry is it should be a gun no longer in wide circulation or even in production if possible. It could be in a mainstream caliber, but not for the platform; even better if the caliber is not even widely carried or used today.

Examples of hipster carry, IMO:

Early Sig P220 in 38 Super
    CZ 97B/D
    Any 1st/2nd/3rd Gen S&W, especially if it's in 40 S&W
    Steyr S/C/L9 in any variant (A1, A2, whatever)
    H&K Mk23 (I saw an AIWB rig for one of these on instanoodle and now I need one...the holster that is)

Lesser well known guns to the general shooting population like CZs in general and their offspring...anything that elicits a "Huh, what's that?" whenever anyone sees one at the range...those qualify as well IMO.

Speaking of hipster, did you know that the new S&W Equalizer was almost the exact same dimensions as an old Colt 1903/1908? Just a little wider...if they offered it in 30 Super Carry, it would qualify as hipster carry IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    You have Jerichos for kosher and/or space cowboy hipsters
    Seeing that I have a SAO Jericho I’m inclined to agree.

I also nominate the Daewoo K5. Wonder Nines are the equivalent of thrift store bargain flannel right now because you can still find 59-series and P-series for decent prices if you shop around, and the K5 stands out from the crowd with its “I’m not like the other guns” vibe.

User Tag List