Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: What is THE most hipster handgun…

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Winnar!

There's a Swedish variant, first made by Nagant in Belgium and later by Husqvarna in Sweden, in 7.5mm Swedish. It did not have the case-mouth-sealing cylinder, and the double action was reasonable for the time.

Name:  R.1376d08c6a1b408e067ef5f1c7466f37.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  49.3 KB

You've probably never heard of it.*

The workmanship was what you'd expect. Jewel-like. Exemplary. The grip fit usually had no gaps of any kind, including the inlet back strap. I bet there were two or three Japanese folks who saw these back in the day and either got really determined expressions, or went wan and later drowned themselves in the sea.

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 10.08.20 PM.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  16.1 KB

(*Photographed from a Canberra)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I stand corrected.

I’m very late to this party but from what I see you all know a lot about guns but not so much about Hipsters.

There can be only one, and while any Webley could probably suffice, the Webley Fosbery stands alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley...matic_Revolver
    Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

OMG, I just posted this one!

Was too lazy to read all 24 pages but you beat me to it… good on ya!
    Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Has the Steyr GB been nominated?

Attachment 109597
    The Steyr GB is the most "interesting" handgun I own. Surely I nominated it up thread. It was the first pistol I bought via the internet. I'd wanted once since I was a kid, but never could find one before the auction sites came online. I think I got mine in 2003.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    The Steyr GB is the most "interesting" handgun I own. Surely I nominated it up thread. It was the first pistol I bought via the internet. I'd wanted once since I was a kid, but never could find one before the auction sites came online. I think I got mine in 2003.

How do like your GB? Is it reliable? I'm assuming it's plenty accurate, given the fixed barrel.

I feel like, maybe, there's still hope of owning a GB at some point; I've basically written off any hope of the owning the "other" gas-delayed blowback hipster gun.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    How do like your GB? Is it reliable? I'm assuming it's plenty accurate, given the fixed barrel.

I feel like, maybe, there's still hope of owning a GB at some point; I've basically written off any hope of the owning the "other" gas-delayed blowback hipster gun.
    I haven't put many rounds through it, but I'm glad I have it. It's locked up tight on me once. When I say tight, I had to break out the rubber mallet to pop it out of battery. That could have been the ammo, but none of my other pistols have ever had that problem. If the gas system reduces felt recoil, it's only a tiny reduction because the gun recoils about like my other full size pistols. Trigger pull is good. Mags are outrageously expensive if you can find them. I only have one mag. GBs are easier to find now than 20 years ago, but they cost a bit more, at least in nominal dollars. I can't remember if I paid $400 or $500 for mine

Site Supporter
    I haven't put many rounds through it, but I'm glad I have it. It's locked up tight on me once. When I say tight, I had to break out the rubber mallet to pop it out of battery. That could have been the ammo, but none of my other pistols have ever had that problem. If the gas system reduces felt recoil, it's only a tiny reduction because the gun recoils about like my other full size pistols. Trigger pull is good. Mags are outrageously expensive if you can find them. I only have one mag. GBs are easier to find now than 20 years ago, but they cost a bit more, at least in nominal dollars. I can't remember if I paid $400 or $500 for mine

Cool. Thanks for insight.

They've always been somewhat on my radar. I love the concept and the unique design. Strange on the lockup issue. The rubber mallet factor is never reassuring. But, maybe ammo, like you said. If I ever see one at a fantastic price... I might bite. But I'm not holding my breath.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Any chance you have some excessive carbon build up in the piston area around the gasport?

I have a GB and when I bought it, it had some pretty bad carbon build up.. It didnt lock up on me but had it happen once with a P7 M13.. it locked up after ejecting a casing and seized up tight.. Had to do the mallet thing you mentioned😊..

Turned out the gas piston had some pretty bad carbon build up… After cleaning it out and better cleaning intervals🥴 never had the problem again..

Site Supporter
    Any Glock Clone that’s been CNC’d and TiNi’d half to death.

User Tag List