Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What is THE most hipster handgun…

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Haha. Thanks so much for the free promotion, @FrankB!

This thread actually served as the inspiration for the article (on PrimerPeak.com). Then I figured, "Shit... I might as well make a video out of it." I was a little worried the campy/tongue & cheek vibe wouldn't come through in the video. But once I added the cheesy background music and the maudlin stock photos, it came together.

Beyond the silliness, I think (hope?) it helps give people permission to just... like guns. Certainly guns are serious tools for serious purposes. But for most of us, I think, our passion/interest/curiosity for firearms goes well beyond that.

And before you know it... you end up with a freakin' YouTube gun channel
    Holy crap! Just watched the P239 video a couple months ago which led me to your long form video review of the 229. Had no idea it was your channel. I have enjoyed all of your input and posts on the P239 and DA/SA over the years as the 239 was a previous long term carry gun of mine that replaced a P225. Your P239 video is easily the most comprehensive and well thought-out review of that pistol on YouTube. Have to say, from your previous posts on here, I didn't picture you being as young as you appear to be. Good to know that some younger shooters still appreciate the P22_ series of guns!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Actsda View Post
    Holy crap! Just watched the P239 video a couple months ago which led me to your long form video review of the 229. Had no idea it was your channel. I have enjoyed all of your input and posts on the P239 and DA/SA over the years as the 239 was a previous long term carry gun of mine that replaced a P225. Your P239 video is easily the most comprehensive and well thought-out review of that pistol on YouTube. Have to say, from your previous posts on here, I didn't picture you being as young as you appear to be. Good to know that some younger shooters still appreciate the P22_ series of guns!
    Thanks, man! I really appreciate the kind words. Glad you're finding value in the content... I share perspectives that I would find useful/interesting, if I was considering a given gun. And I've always thought there's a strong case to be made for the P239's merits beyond just size/weight. It fills a pretty narrow niche; but I think it's a very relevant niche, for many.

And thank you for the presumption of elder wisdom! It's usually the opposite...
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Got to be a Staccato...

Ha ha excellent video MattyD380!

Great to have such a vocal spokesperson for us social deviants😄….

But since you keep on raising the bar review wise as well, when can we expect lets say a Steyr GB?😋…. Or wait, the P5 Compact! There is work to be done!

Thanks Matt, enjoying your work…

Regards from Europe,

Jumme

That was a really enjoyable video, Matt. Keep up the good work.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Didn’t MAB use to make a fixed magazine 9mm that used stripper clips?

That was a great video (although I do want an LTT 92 with a dot) but it lacked any mention of Safari Arms, .400 Cor-Bon, Briley spherical bushings or the S&W Performance Center.

But also this:

Name:  FAB7C42D-0448-4B64-8F77-F982CA881AFF.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  32.1 KB

Never been accused of being fashionable, but I like me some hipster pistols. My list.

1) HK P7M10. Not just the squeeze cocker, but the squeeze cocker in the caliber adopted by the FBI when the pistol was released. Not for the rest of his life for Hans Gruber as he only had a 9mm P7.

2) Colt Series '80 in 9x23 Winchester. The only Colt 1911 model ever made in the ultimate 9mm 1911 cartridge that no one knows. Makes the .38 Super look anemic while solving 9x19 feed issues.

3) STI Trojan 5.0 in .40 Super. This one combines "Who and what pistol?" with out of production with "What round?"

4) S&W 945-1 or the S&W 3rd Generation meets the 1911 complete with Wilson rear sights and thumb safety. Honorable mention for the six-inch PPC version of the 952 or the PPC9.

5) Swiss-made military SIG P210 aka "The most accurate military sidearm ever issued." The original hipster sidearm.

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    Didn’t MAB use to make a fixed magazine 9mm that used stripper clips?
    I can't recall that one, but Steyr made their m1912: Wikipedia article

And yes, I want one. A stripper clip fed fixed magazine 9mm pistol sounds awesome.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List