Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 trigger is horrible. Options? Apex trigger and LTT trigger job maybe?

Glock 17 trigger is horrible. Options? Apex trigger and LTT trigger job maybe?

Wife got me a Glock 17 (Gen 5) FDE with the black slide for Christmas. I love this Glock but…..

This gun has the worst trigger ever. It has not even the hint of any wall, it’s just inconsistent mush and drag from start to finish with no idea of when it will fire.

I’m not very handy myself so I’m trying to figure what options might be available. I’m thinking maybe sending it to Langdon for the Apex Tactical Trigger and LTT trigger job might be a good solution? Would this resolve the issue completely and maintain the bulletproof Glock reliability? Any better options?

Thanks for any advice or insights!

Many of us like a trigger with no wall, so I would recognize this as simply matter of preference not a defect of your glock’s trigger. I’d also suggest putting a case of ammo through that new G17 before deciding it needs aftermarket parts (aka downgrades) of any type.

I would first go to the store and handle a few others, just in case. Maybe you have a defective one. If that's the case send it back to Glock.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Banned
    I recently put a Timney Alpha trigger in my Gen 5 34 and it’s a big upgrade from stock.

Mid January, the new Glock OEM performance trigger should be out there
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you can, take it apart and see what’s causing the issue. Apex makes good parts, but it IS a Glock staplegun, basically.

Site Supporter
    Apex would be my choice for reliability. I haven't had a perfect experience with any other aftermarket Glock trigger system. Timney Alpha triggers are great (I have two) but reliability varies and they're too light for carry or defensive uses, in my opinion.

I've also never shot a stock Glock trigger with no detectable wall at all. Not without aftermarket parts or DIY work. I'd make sure your sample isn't defective.

I would take it apart and see if you can find what is causing the issue. It doesn't sound like a normal Glock trigger pull. Even a routine field strip and inspection might give you an idea of what is going on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Mid January, the new Glock OEM performance trigger should be out there
    I’ve heard of it but haven’t heard any specific details. Do we know what to expect from it?

As stated above, compare your trigger to other Glocks 17 or 19. Shoot it, a couple hundred rounds, and see how it feels. If you’re not satisfied, contact Glock and see what they say. Those aftermarket parts will still be available if you decide to go that route.

User Tag List