Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 Caliber J-frame

Site Supporter
    Had a 317LS when they came out and it had a horrible trigger. Sold it when I needed a buck. Having a 432, I don't see a need for 22 cal J frame, except for shooting cheap ammo. I have a G44 for that.

I had a 43C in 2016 that had to go back to S&W twice before I could get a cylinder full through it.
    Then it was picky and sticky and never shot to point of aim.
    Ditched.
    Finally bought another one a couple of months back and it has been perfect, with a good trigger.
    Hopefully S&W is getting its mojo back.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    LCR22 all day every day!
    Gawd, but I love mine!

Wife wanted something she could carry in yoga pants after she got pregnant, got her a 351C w/ClipDraw and she hasn't carried her G42 since. If I'd known what a lovely revolver I was buying, I'd have gotten 2 and probably never tried an LCR...(shiver!).

I have a 43c that works. The trigger isn't bad but I'm used to double action revolvers. I had a little problem with extraction with a few brands of ammo when I first got it. I clean the chambers very well every time I shoot it and it has been fine.

I have a LCR22 also. It had to go back to Ruger once because it wouldn't extract anything out of the first 200 rounds I shot in it. It still had a little problem after I got it back and I reamed the chambers and it has been fine since.

I like the 43c the best. The trigger is better and it's lighter.

I have laser grips on both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca10 View Post
    What’s the post? I don’t have Facebook.
    The post is DB’s Shooting Adventures (Darryl Bolke) discussing lightweight revolvers. Fortunately, you don’t have to have FB to view the post.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca10 View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like the 43C might be slightly better. I already have plenty of .22 Long Rifle, and I do not have .22 Magnum.

Yeah, I’m not going to lie, I’ve had some canted barrels on some S&W revolvers. The QC there is basically the customer.

What’s the post? I don’t have Facebook.

I don't have FB, but I can see the post if I click the link.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I have a 43c that works. The trigger isn't bad but I'm used to double action revolvers. I had a little problem with extraction with a few brands of ammo when I first got it. I clean the chambers very well every time I shoot it and it has been fine.

I have a LCR22 also. It had to go back to Ruger once because it wouldn't extract anything out of the first 200 rounds I shot in it. It still had a little problem after I got it back and I reamed the chambers and it has been fine since.

I like the 43c the best. The trigger is better and it's lighter.

I have laser grips on both of them.
    I've felt good LCR triggers but the copy in .22 LR that I handled side by side with the 43C I chose to buy was pretty nasty. About similar in weight but gritty rough vs the smooth pull of that 43C.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Based on the advice in this thread I installed an Apex kit in my 43C. It really improved the shootability of the gun. I have not noticed a decrease in reliability thus far.

It is definitely a fun gun to shoot. I am debating on laser grips for it. The thing that is holding me back (other than cost) is not wanting to increase weight.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-while-running

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Based on the advice in this thread I installed an Apex kit in my 43C. It really improved the shootability of the gun. I have not noticed a decrease in reliability thus far.

It is definitely a fun gun to shoot. I am debating on laser grips for it. The thing that is holding me back (other than cost) is not wanting to increase weight.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-while-running
    I wasn't aware Apex made a rimfire kit.

Site Supporter
    As an aside, years ago I bought a Taurus Pt-22 for a pocket 22 LR. It was a pretty gun,chrome, nice wood grips. It was a horrific jammer. Could get through a mag - and I tried several and different ammo brands. It would eject a live round rather than chambering one. It also slammed the slide shut on a live round bending it in half. Sold it back to a dealer at minimal loss. Saw a recent review of a new polymer (I think version) and it was a terrible jammer also. That being said, I once shot Dave Kopel's Beretta 21 - jammer!

Also, my G42 - one of the first ones out there matched the Pt-22 in horrific behavior, such as firing out of battery, shooting flames and crap out of the ejection port. Back to Glock and it seems to work now.

Small 22s are evil at times. My nice Buckmark is reliable as is the G44. Had a very nice Ruger SS Bearcat. Sold it. Should have kept it - oh well.

User Tag List