Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: .22 Caliber J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Well... I just won a local online auction for a M34-1. It should be pre-1982 (based on the fact that it has a pinned barrel). I got it for a song as there was no shipping for the guns in this auction.

Attachment 108218

I don't have any 22LR revolvers. I have to say I am not a fan of how the stocks look (which is an easy fix), and according to the date range it is likely a round butt gun, but we shall see.
    Great kit gun!

If it’s a square butt, find a set of the Herrett grips out there.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/20430259840...mis&media=COPY
    If it’s round, the world is your oyster.

Attachment 108218
    I have to say I am not a fan of how the stocks look
    I'll bet they really soak up the recoil though.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I'll bet they really soak up the recoil though.
    They do I have had those on many big bore revolvers, .44 Mag and up.

Well... I just won a local online auction for a M34-1. It should be pre-1982 (based on the fact that it has a pinned barrel). I got it for a song as there was no shipping for the guns in this auction.

Attachment 108218

I don't have any 22LR revolvers. I have to say I am not a fan of how the stocks look (which is an easy fix), and according to the date range it is likely a round butt gun, but we shall see.
    I went to do the paper work on this and it looks almost like it is unfired. When it get out of WA state jail I will post some better pictures. It is a square butt.

I have a model 34 kit gun, it's fun, or could be fun.. but it only fires in single action. when firing double action, almost every trigger pull is a light strike.

any ideas?

Assuming known good ammo.

Possibly, hammer spring or firing pin a hair short, might only show up in the shorter DA hammer fall.

Also check for build up of debris around hammer / firing pin.

Recap:

10 weeks ago, purchased new 43c, attempted to put 80rds through it at the shop range. Most of them went off, CCISV, Blazer, Aguila Super Extra, Stingers. Variable trigger pull weight, anywhere from 12-20lbs, shaved lead badly. Sent back to S&W.

Over the weekend it was received after "repair", immediately took it to the shop range, put 100rds through it. Same types of ammo, no shaved lead this time, same variable trigger pull and light strikes, difficult extraction. Slide it back across counter and asked for full refund. Stated I would never, ever trust it.

Shop smith verified / duplicated, agreed with issues. Full refund issued.

FUS&W

ETA: After the repair
    Name:  20230819_111434.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  48.6 KB
    Last edited by CCT125US; 08-22-2023 at 03:48 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Recap:

10 weeks ago, purchased new 43c, attempted to put 80rds through it at the shop range. Most of them went off, CCISV, Blazer, Aguila Super Extra, Stingers. Variable trigger pull weight, anywhere from 12-20lbs, shaved lead badly. Sent back to S&W.

Over the weekend it was received after "repair", immediately took it to the shop range, put 100rds through it. Same types of ammo, no shaved lead this time, same variable trigger pull and light strikes, difficult extraction. Slide it back across counter and asked for full refund. Stated I would never, ever trust it.

FUS&W

God, that sucks... confirm's what my favorite lgs said, he talked a customer out of ordering a new 43C knowing that he'd be dealing with a similar issue, the gun smith said, he wouldn't chance ordering a new S&W revolver under any circumstances after what he's seen over the last few years...i'd order one in a minute if the odds were good to meet expectations, what a shame.

Site Supporter
    I just got an RMA for my 642 Pro sent in for a broken hammer stud, Jeez... I hope I get a different repair tech.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Recap:

FUS&W

That’s very unfortunate. I’ve bought two this year, one used and one new, that have been working fine so far.

User Tag List