Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 Caliber J-frame

.22 Caliber J-frame

An LGS near me had a S&W 351C in stock a few weeks ago. I tried a J-Frame with .38 Special + P years ago and did not like it (I've shot calibers all the way to .50 Action Express and never felt that sort of stinging pain concentrated in the web of my hand like I did with the .38 Special).

However, I am kind of thinking that the 351C would make a nice companion for some fishing trips that I take. I'm not concerned about wildlife, more about people that I am encountering in remote areas. However, from what I can tell on the forum, people who own them have had some issues with binding and ejecting.

Is that a fair statement to make? Or should I go back and buy that one?

QC is lacking at S&W. My 351c ran like a top out of the box. My 317 spit lead so bad out of the box that it was u usable. I sent it to Smith and they corrected the problem. Lick of the draw.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

My 351 had an extremely heavy trigger -- my wife used it as a hand strength trainer!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My, relatively-new, 351PD has a heavier trigger than any of my 442s but not to a distracting degree. Windage with most loads is a touch to the 3 o’clock but elevation is good enough.

Timely post:

https://www.facebook.com/10002735192...vVgEl/?app=fbl
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

the very hard to find 8-shot 3" .22 LR Taurus 942 just became back in stock somewhere...would make for a fun plinker and better than nothing ...I'll find out where if you are interested

Also, heavier .38s that have a thicker grip, especially w Wadcutters wouldn't hurt ether. Grip, weight, ammo have a ton to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 351 had an extremely heavy trigger -- my wife used it as a hand strength trainer!
    My 351C has the heaviest trigger of all my J frames. It is usable, but heavy. OTOH, my 43C in 22LR has a very nice trigger.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Over the last year/year and a half I've bought new a 351C, a 43C and a 317. And just before that an M&P Compact .22. They've all been great shooters with no problems. Yeah, the 351C has another level of heavy trigger. 43C is not so heavy, hard to distinguish from my Model 36 .38.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Hmm. Sounds like the 43C might be slightly better. I already have plenty of .22 Long Rifle, and I do not have .22 Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    QC is lacking at S&W. My 351c ran like a top out of the box. My 317 spit lead so bad out of the box that it was u usable. I sent it to Smith and they corrected the problem. Lick of the draw.
    Yeah, I’m not going to lie, I’ve had some canted barrels on some S&W revolvers. The QC there is basically the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    My, relatively-new, 351PD has a heavier trigger than any of my 442s but not to a distracting degree. Windage with most loads is a touch to the 3 o’clock but elevation is good enough.

Timely post:

https://www.facebook.com/10002735192...vVgEl/?app=fbl
    What’s the post? I don’t have Facebook.

LCR22 all day every day!

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    Fat fingered…

I have the 43c in 22LR, not the 351c in magnum.

Sorry about that.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

User Tag List