Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: .22 Caliber J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    That’s very unfortunate. I’ve bought two this year, one used and one new, that have been working fine so far.
    Went in knowing I had a 50/50 chance of getting a decent one. Really wanted it to work out. It has an almost identical sight picture as my carry P2000sk, tight U-notch paired with a nice white dot.

Name:  20230822_202947.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  23.3 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Went in knowing I had a 50/50 chance of getting a decent one. Really wanted it to work out. It has an almost identical sight picture as my carry P2000sk, tight U-notch paired with a nice white dot.

Name:  20230822_202947.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  23.3 KB
    Yeah, I knew other owners had problems so I knew I was taking chances, especially with the used one.

Has Taurus really turned a new leaf with their recent revolver offerings such as the 942 22lr? Or is Ruger LCR still king of the small 22 revolvers?

Like hitting the lottery!

I have had five SW rimfire since the last three years and only one has to go back to SW, 351c with a trigger that wouldn’t reset from the start. Returned to me fixed. I’m feeling pretty lucky right now!

I gave up on my LCRs, I know lots of people like them but only my 327mag didn’t need to go to Ruger to work right. All were purchased this year.

Like others, awaiting for a 22lr offering from Taurus to show up in the wild. Hell I would grab a Charter Arms 22lr if I could find one.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    I have had five SW rimfire since the last three years and only one has to go back to SW, 351c with a trigger that wouldn’t reset from the start. Returned to me fixed. I’m feeling pretty lucky right now!

I gave up on my LCRs, I know lots of people like them but only my 327mag didn’t need to go to Ruger to work right. All were purchased this year.

Like others, awaiting for a 22lr offering from Taurus to show up in the wild. Hell I would grab a Charter Arms 22lr if I could find one.

Jerry
    I’m 3 for 3 in picking shooting winners in the last ~3 years or so.
    351C
    43C
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Has Taurus really turned a new leaf with their recent revolver offerings such as the 942 22lr? Or is Ruger LCR still king of the small 22 revolvers?
    Uh no, see my separate Taurus .22 thread for details. In short bought 3 recently as they have been a bit more available. 1 went back and is fixed. It was not igniting primers on 2-3 rounds per cylinder irrespective of ammo. They replaced firing pin and firing pin spring.

My second is going back as it is a 2” with same light strike issues, cylinder is hard to open, and empties need a whack on ejector rod to get out.

Third works, but gritty, crunchy ejector. Empties hard to eject, occassional keyholing.

They need to quit making so many different one, concentrate on making a few great ones. They should at a minimum work when they leave the factory.

Positive: love the adjustable sight, and customer service at least picks up the phone🙂

Site Supporter
    My 3" LCRX run's really well, trigger's really stiff as expected, it's accurate, no misfires in 6-800 rd's, I just brush the cylinder and forcing cone after shooting and everything ejects as it should. I just still short stroke LCR trigger's once in a while and would like a .22 J frame

User Tag List