Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else is going to make a 2x11?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Multiple calibers, slide lengths, optic interfaces, and under a grand. See your Prodigy and undercut it by $400.
    Sounds pretty bad. Hard to make a decent 2011 on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Sounds pretty bad. Hard to make a decent 2011 on the cheap.
    $600 Turkish striker is good enough to support performances from local ass-kicking by the younglings to three Nationals in one year by Nils, and durable enough to practice to those levels. @pistolwrench, also known as Chuck Rogers , posted that, after buying one Tisas 1911, he bought several more, for $300 each. I would trust his ability to figure out a fundamentally sound gun from something else. I wouldn't make too many predictions if this is one going to be bad or good before reputable people evaluated one, or three. I myself can barely care about 2011s at this point and as long as there is no 9mm 2011 USPSA division, or as long as .40SW 2011s require handloaded ammo. None of them meet carry gun criteria for me, regardless of their cost. I posted this for info only but it certainly merits mentioning that there is no longer a universally linear proportion between cost and quality.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 90% of 1911 makers begin offering 2011s before the year 2030 to be honest. How many of them are any good I won’t make any wagers on.

I think the consumers are becoming bored with the striker fired guns. On paper, the 2011 gives nearly every “shootability” advantage you can think of, especially if it comes optics ready.

The real question, who’s going to be first with the 3011?

[Black Eyed Peas]
    We’re so 3-thousand‘n’leven
    You’re so 2-thousand and nevah”
    [/Black Eyes Peas]
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The real question, who’s going to be first with the 3011?
    The 3D-printed firearm guys have already stepped up.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    $600 Turkish striker is good enough to support performances from local ass-kicking by the younglings to three Nationals in one year by Nils, and durable enough to practice to those levels. @pistolwrench, also known as Chuck Rogers , posted that, after buying one Tisas 1911, he bought several more, for $300 each. I would trust his ability to figure out a fundamentally sound gun from something else. I wouldn't make too many predictions if this is one going to be bad or good before reputable people evaluated one, or three. I myself can barely care about 2011s at this point and as long as there is no 9mm 2011 USPSA division, or as long as .40SW 2011s require handloaded ammo. None of them meet carry gun criteria for me, regardless of their cost. I posted this for info only but it certainly merits mentioning that there is no longer a universally linear proportion between cost and quality.
    I guess time will tell. I’m not optimistic, but I admittedly don’t like anything Turkish when it comes to firearms.

That's probably why EAA is selling Checkmate 2011 magazines.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

If these don't suck and I can get an optics ready 15+1 10MM for under $1000 that's pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see 90% of 1911 makers begin offering 2011s before the year 2030 to be honest.
    This.

Based on how quickly Colt traditionally responds to market trends, I suspect their 2011 will hit the market in 2028.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    This.

Based on how quickly Colt traditionally responds to market trends, I suspect their 2011 will hit the market in 2028.
    And it won’t have a ramped barrel

User Tag List