Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: less bulky rifle scopes for my Ruger American Ranch 5.56 (and other non-AR rifles)

Ken;

Don't know what your budget is, but I've always had great success with Meopta scopes.

Super sharp glass.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Weight, durability, cost.
    Weight - yes. No variable optic will match the weight of the PA micro prisms.

But durability and cost … not so much.

I’m old too. So I remember the conventional wisdom 40 or more years ago that variable optics were fragile and problematic. It was true back then. But that was 30 (or more) years ago.

The cost of a primary Arms 1-6 or 1-8 is comparable to the prism. An Althon Helos 2-12x is not much more.

How is the form factor of the prism on a bolt gun ? Even in the lowest configuration I’m assuming you need a cheek riser ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Weight - yes. No variable optic will match the weight of the PA micro prisms.

But durability and cost … not so much.

I’m old too. So I remember the conventional wisdom 40 or more years ago that variable optics were fragile and problematic. It was true back then. But that was 30 (or more) years ago.

The cost of a primary Arms 1-6 or 1-8 is comparable to the prism. An Althon Helos 2-12x is not much more.

How is the form factor of the prism on a bolt gun ? Even in the lowest configuration I’m assuming you need a cheek riser ?
    It’s workable on the bolt, but I’m not overly sensitive to positioning.

That said… I think I’m going to look at variables again. I have an unused Steiner P4Xi 1-4 here which would be a good match for the 5.56.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List