Thread: Santa Tracker

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Santa Tracker

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Proud NORAD alumni here…
    We used to sign up to man the phones on Christmas Eve, back when kids still called for updates. (And this was in the early 2000’s, when the website was fairly new).

Did he fly over Ukraine yet?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Proud NORAD alumni here…
    We used to sign up to man the phones on Christmas Eve, back when kids still called for updates. (And this was in the early 2000’s, when the website was fairly new).
    They don't still do the phone thing? There's a number on the website.

I'd call, but I'm sure whoever is manning the phones would rather not hear from a middle-aged dude.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    2:30 out from Kyiv, now.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

The sleds been up armored and the stealth upgraded.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    The sleds been up armored and the stealth upgraded.

And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    They don't still do the phone thing? There's a number on the website.

I'd call, but I'm sure whoever is manning the phones would rather not hear from a middle-aged dude.
    I’m sure they still man the phones. I was just trying to say that back then, kids were as likely to call as they were to check the website.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    When I was four years old, they had the Santa tracker on the evening news and apparently the news anchor had a kid with the same first name as me. They gave an update on Santa's location and then one of the news people said, "oh, I'm getting an update: he has a special message for a little boy named Geordie... have to get straight into bed... flying over your house... very soon."

I barely remember this but my parents tell the story every year how I shot up, raced to my room and dove into bed fully clothed and refused to come out, so they just let me sleep in my clothes.

I don't really remember this well at all but I think about it sometimes, just because it makes me think about how real all this stuff feels to kids, and what a nice thing it is to do stuff like the NORAD Santa tracker. The military exists to do something pretty dark, but even there, we find ways to apply it to totally altruistic, gentle things.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List