Thread: Odd issue with my P365xl macro

Odd issue with my P365xl macro

I have four variants of the P365 and I’m having a small weird issue that’s only effecting my newer 365xl with a macro grip (non manual safety version).

I’ve shot 485rd through it since getting this one three weeks ago and it’s been flawless. Have dry fired it a ton and iup until yesterday I’ve had no problems at all. Yesterday I noticed a weird issue where when when the gun isn’t “cocked” and has a dead trigger, the first time you try to pull the dead trigger the slide will move backwards about 1/10th of an inch. I can feel something internally move ever so slightly when I press on the dead trigger and then the slide moves back just a tiny bit. If I continue to press the trigger it won’t do it until I move the gun rapidly in any direction (such as reholstering and then drawing at speed).

Maybe it’s nothing but none of my other 365s, including my other XL, does this. It’s been lubed and cleaned so I’m just wondering what’s causing this. Hasn’t been dropped or anything and will it cause any issues when live fired?

Yeah, so fairly often in the brand-specific forum I’m on, users will report a very slight movement (0.100”) of the slide during dry fire only. What’s typically the cause is on certain guns the fcu is a bit undersized to the grip module, or the grip module is slightly oversized to the fcu. Not sure if that’s what is happening but an idea maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yeah, so fairly often in the brand-specific forum I’m on, users will report a very slight movement (0.100”) of the slide during dry fire only. What’s typically the cause is on certain guns the fcu is a bit undersized to the grip module, or the grip module is slightly oversized to the fcu. Not sure if that’s what is happening but an idea maybe.
    Odd. If that’s the case I wonder why it’s just now doing it. When I took it apart yesterday I didn’t notice anything amiss but maybe I’ll do it again and check if the FCU possibly moved out of position any.

Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Odd. If that’s the case I wonder why it’s just now doing it.
    Hmm, idk. My P365XL had movement out of the box, our P365 did not. My current P365X I can’t recall what it did initially. It’s at 1,100 or so now, but it’s fcu has been in and out of a bunch of different Grip Modules lately.

I will say I’ve never felt the movement in live fire. Good luck, hope you get to the bottom of it.

ETA: Maybe an idea to check that the C-shaped retaining clip is still holding the fcu pin in place? Idk maybe if missing could cause an issue? Not sure.

Name:  D520D11B-09DF-4F83-B848-5C0F74B19EA0.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  66.1 KB

Is this what you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Is this what you're referring to?

Mine moves horizontal instead of vertical like in that video. And it only does it on the first dead trigger pull and then it’s fine. It’s almost like rapid forceful movement is making the slide ever so slightly out of alignment or something.

Can you post a video of the issue and pics of the FCU.

PM me if you need to. Certified armorer.

User Tag List