Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2022 Winter Storm

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    8 deg F this morning here, with a good windchill.

A little shy of 100K homes in CT lost power yesterday. 64K are still in the dark. Eversource says it may be six days to get power back for everyone.

Power never blinked where I live.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    -31...now that’s frosty and 15* colder than the current temp at the South Pole. Though it is the middle of summer down there.

ETA: also 22* colder than the -9 at the North Pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    We are having rolling blackouts across Tennessee, but they seem to only last a few minutes.
    We are getting them in Alabama, too, it is TVA system wide. Those coal fired steam plants are just so icky we have torn them down and done nothing to replace the capacity.

At least the sun is shining so those virtue signaling solar cells will contribute.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

It’s 49 and sunny in Arizona now with a high of 66. I feel for you guys in the cold. This is our payment for enduring the summer heat.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I feel pretty lucky. Not in the path of this front but we had some unusual weather. 11° yesterday morning with 6" of snow. That all turned to ice on the roads and people started crashing their cars. I had to take my wife to PT and a Dr appt. during that and saw some totaled vehicles in the ditch. We have some steep hills here so ice is a source of frustration for many people. I've lived in the area since 75 and the coldest I remember was about 6° in the late 70's. Our elevation is 125'.

Best of luck to those in the middle of this and Merry Christmas to all.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It’s 49 and sunny in Arizona now with a high of 66. I feel for you guys in the cold. This is our payment for enduring the summer heat.
    I always enjoyed the 70° days in the Yuma area during the winter when we had the RV down there. I was temped to pick a few ripe lemons on the road side. The summer would kill me though.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Much warmer here today than the last few days; 13F currently, expected high of 31 or so. Back to normal. Plenty of show though. Roads were sporty over the last week.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Mid teens here, we've been without power since 5:04 PM yesterday with no word on when it will be restored. Our daughter, son in-law and two grandchildren arrived yesterday earlier in the day. The wood stove is running, as is the generator so we have heat, lights, water and hot water - and we have no shortage of flashlights ( ;-).

Just back from the gas station to refill the three 5-gallon cans we have, which last about 24 hours.

Ho Ho Ho!!!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Site Supporter
    Played tennis for 2 hrs this morning. 56* right now.

In SW FL about two miles from the Gulf, the low was 32 about 7:30 AM. Wind was about 8 MPH from NNE. My wife and I were on the causeway here in town at sunrise. Something we do most weekends. It was a bit chilly but it was a beautiful sunrise.

The picture below is not from today, but it was taken at the same spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List