Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 2011 variant... Oracle Arms 2311

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    And they don't CALL them 2011s.
    Getting AWAY from 2011 magazines is the common denominator.
    Why shoot 9mm out of a .38 Super length, .45 width magazine if 9mm is all you are chambering for?

The Girsan-EAA is to be offered in all calibers and may be a 2011 equivalent.
    Jim, they CAN’T call them a 2011. Only Staccato is legally allowed to do that. However, many use the 2011 design, which use 2011 magazines.

No glock mag variant?
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

This pistol is interesting. I like the gas pedal. I will keep an eye on this to see if it actually materializes.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Jim, they CAN’T call them a 2011. Only Staccato is legally allowed to do that. However, many use the 2011 design, which use 2011 magazines.
    A trademark roundly ignored on the internet.

By corporations that have to worry about such stuff, we see two different 2311s, the Oracle and the EAA.
    The EAA is a STI knockoff, they are even advertising Checkmate magazines "Compatible with most 9MM Double Stack 1911 models". Double stack 1911, ugh. But the pre-SHOT flyer on the gun shows it in all calibers.

The only place I have seen mention of the EAA Witness 2311 is on the Sig board, but EVERYBODY has EAA branded Checkmate magazines.
    https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tp...5/m/1910072794

That leaves 2211 open as a brand of yet another pistol of the sort.

The internet cannot get over Savage daring to bring out yet another 1911 mutant WITHOUT CHECKERING!
    They may have missed the boat by not making it a high cap.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 12-25-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I’d like to see one.

A trademark roundly ignored on the internet.

By corporations that have to worry about such stuff, we see two different 2311s, the Oracle and the EAA.
    The EAA is a STI knockoff, they are even advertising Checkmate magazines "Compatible with most 9MM Double Stack 1911 models". Double stack 1911, ugh. But the pre-SHOT flyer on the gun shows it in all calibers.

The only place I have seen mention of the EAA Witness 2311 is on the Sig board, but EVERYBODY has EAA branded Checkmate magazines.
    https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tp...5/m/1910072794

That leaves 2211 open as a brand of yet another pistol of the sort.

The internet cannot get over Savage daring to bring out yet another 1911 mutant WITHOUT CHECKERING!
    They may have missed the boat by not making it a high cap.
    Yeah I have no interest in the Savage 1911. I’ll check one out if and when I see one, but that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Yeah I have no interest in the Savage 1911. I’ll check one out if and when I see one, but that’s it.
    I wouldn't expect you to, these are all mass market guns with no cachet.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I wouldn't expect you to, these are all mass market guns with no cachet.
    Well there’s plenty of mass produced guns I like and also buy, but it’s hard to get excited about another 1911.

I'm curious about the percentage of proprietary parts on this one. Part of what makes the 1911/2011 system work is the massive amount of manufacturing and gunsmithing experience out there. You start making changes to parts and geometry and you are reinventing the wheel. Look at the EMP. Look at the early 2011s. Etc.

My assumption is that a 2011 trigger will fit around about any magazine out there, but the tapering double to single column magazine mean differences in frames including potentially less material around the frame rails.

But it is interesting.

I'm intrigued. But my first thought is that there is probably a reason why no one has made a 2011 that uses striker mags. The mags seem to be the most finicky part.

For example my 140mm Staccato mags only hold 20 rounds. But I can cram 22-23 into a 140mm Sig mag.

User Tag List