Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My 3 Minute Knife Defense Vid of Live Goes

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  its-finally-over-597a15.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  34.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Who could've seen this train wreck coming?
    His first post

his name

his words

I am astonished the people that complimented him and subscribed to his shit (yes I know he probably trained/fought more MMA champions/masters than any one he knew of....and yes I know he showed super special techniques in his vids that according to him only he could probably pull off)

He did say his videos would save lives so I hope we can sticky them.....

Punt

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    His first post

his name

his words

I am astonished the people that complimented him and subscribed to his shit (yes I know he probably trained/fought more MMA champions/masters than any one he knew of....and yes I know he showed super special techniques in his vids that according to him only he could probably pull off)

He did say his videos would save lives so I hope we can sticky them.....

Punt

Yeah. It was sarcasm.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yeah. It was sarcasm.
    GASP!

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Vercotti
    So a week later they called again and told me the cheque had bounced and said… I had to see… Doug. Well, I was terrified. Everyone was terrified of Doug. I’ve seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug. He used… sarcasm. He knew all the tricks: dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and… satire. He was vicious.”
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Leaving aside the general "well this seems nuts" vibe, I'll say that I clicked on the first video and about five seconds in, I thought, man, if I got a grip on the wrist of a guy holding a knife, there is NO FUCKING WAY I'd trade that for a sort of open-handed bar.

I admit that my instincts are just the product of my own experiences and I make no claim to being capable of teaching anything. But I'm pretty confident that if I tried to do that to someone, he'd have enough torque in his torso to wrench that shoulder forward and down, and now I don't have the knife wrist anymore, but I probably have a pretty bad cut on my forearm.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-12-30 8.40.21 PM.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2022-12-30 8.40.43 PM.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  26.5 KB

So personally, I went five seconds in and thought, that doesn't make sense to me - I'll try to view more when I have more time and see if other stuff does make sense to me.

But then I never really got past the "oh it's one of THESE guys" writing style. It just reminded me too much of the various survivalist guys I've encountered with passionate beliefs in stuff like "the 45/70 is what you should have standardized on" or "the most important skill you'll ever have is making lock picks out of broken-off street sweeper bristles."

Both real-life examples, incidentally. Similar writing style in either case, anyway.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Trying to read his posts reminded me of trying to understand the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Okay guys this one is done.

Closed.

User Tag List