Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My 3 Minute Knife Defense Vid of Live Goes

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman View Post

For this forum, I think most important would be for pressure testing the given techniques and finding out what are the best approaches and if it should be a 1 or 2 pronged approach for most angle 1 forward and even downward attacks. Everyone just teaching their thing, or holding to dogma, may not be the best instead trying to get a good group of people pressure testing and coming to some kind of consensus since it is an important subject.
    Dan, I have enjoyed several of the videos you’ve shared, sir, and I think you have some great things to offer (I loved the free form aikido grappling stuff, as a reformed TMA nerd myself).

That said, I’ve trained with roughly a dozen P-F members in person—including under the mods here—and I can say that there is a looooong tradition of that particular collective doing *exactly* what you suggest. Those *decades* of pressure testing concepts are pretty much the raison d’etre for that collective in the first place.

What you know is absolutely an asset to this forum, and I’m glad to have a chance to see it. And, conversely, what you think you know or don’t know is dragging the discussion down.

JMO. I hope you stick around, and I hope you listen to the mods when they tell you to dial it back—there’s a bit of a “prescription without diagnosis” aspect to your posting here that is fatiguing. The reason that your presentation isn’t crippling your information transfer is that this forum is generally pretty dialed in as to value and collectively very thick skinned. We’re having to work harder than we should to pan for the gold though.

Again, JMO. Welcome to the forum Dan, sincerely.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A whole bunch of hierarchy chests around here, and aggressive behavoir.

The other night, my car is dead dead so $ stress, and given Joe had already attacked me twice for my technical gibberish writing, I did think he was attacking a 3rd time and not asking a sincere direct question.

I see no comprehensive approach that seems to be working when I see American LE deal badly w/ knife situations.

It seems perhaps it's an attitude of "we already know everything" instead of ....hmmmm a Dog Catcher is a much higher percentage technique without even getting stabbed once usually, vs the other techniques where you are more likely to get stabbed. I have not seen anyone teaching a pronged approach, including the Dog Catcher, based on Range/Reactionary gap. If there is a 3 pronged approach based on range, I have yet to see the video of it please share if there is one.

Does my video not show different techniques pressure tested? Don't see many of those dealing with different distances as the approach.

That's different than assuming every situation is an entangled CQB grappling with a knife situation so taking out your own sabretooth and poking them reverse grip in the back is the answer. I'm not saying that is a bad answer for that range, but untrained don't act like the trained, and also, that is not the range most knife attacks start at. It's also not where most DGU take place. Also, none LE may be more scrutinized for their evil looking knife defensive use when they are also carrying a gun. My choice for me (in most environments...I already gave a personal exception) that a BUG is more important. For None LE 2 guns, fixed blade, and a folder may be questioned...or as Ayoob said to carrying 3 guns might be ostentatious. And, as far as grappling/cqb fighting is concerned, not saying others aren't qualified but given my credentials and experience I might have something to add there as well such as grappling in the unknown street environment when they may have weapons, go for yours, have buddies jump in etc.
    [

Posting a video, and raising the question of my beta testing combining two other techniques, and shouldn't there be a more pronged approach based on distance really shouldn't be getting such a hostile reaction of don't rock the boat outsider, you're not from our hood.
    Last edited by DanTheWolfman; 12-29-2022 at 01:35 PM.

During my law enforcement career I was always stunned at the number of problem children who were not fired but given the option to resign.

Invariably these same officers would get hired by neighboring agencies and the same problems would manifest. This would often go on for years until finally they fucked up badly enough to be forced out of the profession.

"DanTheWolfman" has been unceremoniously banned.

I've been contacted by several different people regarding him in a 24 hour period.

Paul banned him from the Old School Jiu-Jitsu FB group for being a whack job and then he was banned from the BJJ Fanatics group for the same behavior.

And then there's his public discourse here.

That's enough for me.

No one has the "right" to be here and I've been moderating internet forums since 2002. I can smell toxic and crazy a mile away.

So this weed has been pulled without fanfare.

I'm gonna leave this thread open for another day, for any member that wishes to remark on this decision good, bad or otherwise. But I will not allow an unhinged person skilled at violence to bully established forum members.

Fuck that.

Craig - all I can say is thanks. In my time on PF, I've only had to "block" one other person - not because their info was bad, just because I couldn't stand the toxic nature of most of their posts.

DtW struck me as borderline unhinged, and all the attempts by folks more articulate than I to get him to STFU and listen a bit fell on deaf ears. That's what our friends in the FBI would call "a clue," so I wholeheartedly support your decision.

Dunning-Kruger often presents regurgitation as creativity.

Kudos to Craig for maintaining the integrity of this forum and gratitude to those members that tried despite the warnings.

And I mean the latter half of the above statement in sincerity.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    He was up to be voted off the island and by large consensus was deemed unsuitable for the culture PF tries to cultivate.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I was going over in my head how best to respond, but that solves that.

@SouthNarc , thanks for the kind word on my behalf. Shouldn't have been necessary, but warmed the atrophied little lump of coal I call my heart.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    I trust the moderators here and Craig specifically on this one.

Thanks for handling this.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I was going over in my head how best to respond, but that solves that.

@SouthNarc , thanks for the kind word on my behalf. Shouldn't have been necessary, but warmed the atrophied little lump of coal I call my heart.
    Sure thing buddy!

What took so long?

User Tag List