Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Law Enforcement Ammo: America’s Largest Police Department Firepower

Ran some rounds through a new Glock 31 gen. 4 today. Pictured is the ammo shot. All of it recoils more than any 9mm Luger I’ve experienced. I was into 357 Sig awhile back and only recently gotten back into it.

Name:  E4C73ABA-7B4E-4D92-A10B-299F1995849A.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  41.9 KB

Top box:
    Underwood 147 grain XTP, pushing 1250 fps out of a 4 inch barrel. Was the softest recoiling of the bunch and is what I will carry in it. The 140-160 grain is where I wish some advancement was made with 357 Sig, I won’t hold my breath.

Second from top:
    PPU 125 grain, pushing 1542 out of an unknown barrel length. Was clearly the heaviest recoiling load of the bunch. Would make for a good woods load if concerned about potentially dangerous four-legged creatures. It seriously felt like it had some horsepower.

Third from top:
    Hornady Critical Duty, 135 grain FlexLock bullet, pushing 1225 from a 4 inch barrel. Slightly harsher recoil than the Underwood 147 XTP. Good compromise of weight to velocity ratio. Probably an ideal duty load hence the moniker.

Bottom:
    Double Tap 125 grain Speer Gold Dot bullet, pushing 1450 from a 4 inch barrel. Double Tap uses the 9mm Luger bullet which probably means it is really 124 grains. For the Gold Dot, the 357 Sig 125 grain projectile has a shallower hollow cavity compared to the 9mm Luger projectile. I remember reading about this difference due to the higher velocities produced by the 357 Sig loading causing the 9mm bullet to unpredictability break apart. The Double Tap load recoiled very similar to the Hornady load. I’ve had this box of ammo for about 10 years and would only use it for range sessions.
    Last edited by Navyguns; 12-28-2022 at 11:04 PM.

User Tag List