Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenk Revolver

Zenk Revolver

Saw an article on this new revolver company on TFB, looks really interesting: https://www.zenk.us

I've been waiting/hoping for years for someone to make a truly modernized revolver. Right now its just vaporware, but I'm looking forward to see what they have at Shot Show.

Potential positives:
    -top break revolver (that's another thing I've been wanting to see in modernized format)
    -"bullpup", 4" barrel in the same OAL as a J frame snub
    -no cylinder gap according to TFB article. If true this would mean much higher MV, much lower muzzle blast, and ability to be suppressed
    -ergos seem similar to a typical semi-auto, so perhaps easier to switch back and forth

Concerns:
    -vaporware for now, just drawings
    -no mention of price
    -website doesn't inspire confidence, reminds me of a Chinese Amazon product page
    -looks like you would need to reload it one cartridge at a time, based on the few concept pictures they show

What gave you the Amazon vibes? Was it...

"Long Barrel for more accuracy and ease of shot"

I do like the originality of the design and it has a lot of cool features.

Interesting....seems like maybe designed by whomever did the original S-333 prototypes w 6 barrels 2 shots per which I liked better than the double barreled revolver s-333 that came out by standard but they are in Conn.....

Like Mossbergs 1st firearm the 4 barreled Brownie like the later COP
    Who lives in Cali?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    • I don't see how the primers will be whacked. It may push the entire cylinder back against a fixed firing pin, so that the cylinder would be both rotating and moving back and forth.
    • I also expect that there will be some sort of complicated linkage between the gizmo that touches off the primer and the trigger, so the trigger pull will likely be between "meh" and "horrible".
    • The cylinder appears to have a shorter length than the cartridges.
    • The cylinder appears to be of a smaller diameter than the Model 10.
    • I don't see how it will be possible to clean it from the chamber end.
    • The classic knock against top-break revolvers is that they don't stand up to hard use as well as solid-frame revolvers.
    • The grip would seem to have all of the disadvantages of an auto pistol (blockiness, etc).
    • It's ugly. Maybe not Chiappa Rhino ugly, but it's still ugly.

Having written all that, it's interesting. I'll let a boatload of other people beta-test that puppy, assuming that it comes in a price that doesn't make me think maybe another Python would be a better choice.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if you'll be able to "pop" in another cylinder for reloads?
    I like it but I'm guessing I could buy four Glocks for the same price.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Saw an article on this new revolver company on TFB, looks really interesting: https://www.zenk.us
    The website doesn't give me great confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    The website doesn't give me great confidence.
    Me neither. I'd guess it's a product tie-in to a video game.
    It might be fun to do a WhoIs look up on the web site and see if the site owner also works in the games or collectibles field.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Me neither. I'd guess it's a product tie-in to a video game.
    It might be fun to do a WhoIs look up on the web site and see if the site owner also works in the games or collectibles field.
    Most whois records I see any more have that info obfuscated. Alas, because that's what the record is for.

If a flycutter so much as touches metal in association with this rendering I will be very surprised.

I just want a modernized Merwin Hulbert with the cylinder sized for 45acp and/or 9mm for carry and one sized for 357 or 45 colt and I would be a happy man

User Tag List