Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primary Source: Ed Mireles on the FBI Miami Firefight

The Primary Source: Ed Mireles on the FBI Miami Firefight

Here's a two hour and seven minute interview with Ed Mireles about the FBI Miami Firefight. He offers a lot of detail about the prelude to the fight and the aftermath along with some great points on mindset.

Podcast

YouTube

Also, if you are on YouTube, please subscribe to the channel if you would be so kind. I'm presently 139 subscriptions away from being able to activate some features I want to use.
    Last edited by jlw; 12-21-2022 at 02:16 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Here's a two hour and seven minute interview with Ed Mireles about the FBI Miami Firefight. He offers a lot of detail about the prelude to the fight and the aftermath along with some great points on mindset.

Podcast

YouTube

Also, if you are on YouTube, please subscribe to the channel if you would be so kind. I'm presently 139 subscriptions away from being able to activate some features I want to use.
    I'll jump on and subscribe, Lee.

(Done.)

Look forward to listening to your conversation with Ed. He's a true gentleman and I enjoyed his book. I was working in NYC at the time of the shootout and remember it like it was yesterday. Within a year I lateraled down to Miami and am very familiar with all the relevant areas.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I attended a talk by Ed sponsored by Tom Givens while I was living in Tampa. It was a mesmerizing couple of hours. It was an honor to shake his hand.

That was a great job interviewing Mr. Mireles.
    Very good podcast!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I was fortunate to meet Mr Mireles in a restaurant while we were having a squad dinner on a training night. He was a gracious man. His book came out right around that time. It was an honor to shake his hand.

And I subscribed.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post

And I subscribed.
    Same.

Site Supporter
    Subscribed. Thanks for posting the video!

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Done.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

As always, excellent podcast - keep up the good work!

In particular, the point about open carry that you brought up with regard to Emilio Briel and Jose Collazo was very convincing!

(Subbed to the Podcast and on YouTube.)
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Thank you !!

Great interview, what a real down to earth guy.

Keep it up !!

PS: I hit that like button.

Sarge

User Tag List