Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage Arms Announces 1911

Interesting that they (appear to be) using a heavily blended Novak ambi-safety. I wonder if that's going to be standard? Right handed shooters who insist on the need to fully disassemble the frame with nothing but a cartridge rim are going to be Vocally Displeased On The Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Interesting that they (appear to be) using a heavily blended Novak ambi-safety. I wonder if that's going to be standard? Right handed shooters who insist on the need to fully disassemble the frame with nothing but a cartridge rim are going to be Vocally Displeased On The Internet.
    The promotional video on the Savage website seems to indicate that the ambi will be standard. Also noting that it says tool steel hammer and sear. No MIM?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It looks good, in general.

Savage isn't the only one using them, but I wonder who's deciding "lets pick a frame to work with that has a blocky front strap so that all standard grip panels look like they are too small."

It says forged frames, I wonder who they are buying the forgings from. I suspect the Turks may be cranking out forgings for other gun makers at a low cost.

The price approaches Dan Wesson. Would like to know if the slide catch, grip safety, thumb safety and magazine catch are forged. Everything else looks decent, regarding specs.

I assume this is series 70. Unless I am inattentive, it mentioned nowhere.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Meh. I can understand the rail, because 90% of Cleeti insist on them despite the fact they'll either never mount a light to it, or will and never bother to get trained on how to use that properly.

The slide cuts totally turn me off. I get you want to make an impression with aesthetics, but, are most 1911 folks looking for racy new designs?

Having said all that, I look forward to Pat showing off with it soon!

And, get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    The price approaches Dan Wesson. Would like to know if the slide catch, grip safety, thumb safety and magazine catch are forged. Everything else looks decent, regarding specs.
    I’ll be curious where actual retail price is. There are a bunch of established manufacturers to compete with at that MSRP.

That said, this is attention-worthy until proven otherwise.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

User Tag List